Hello, I would like some advice related to my son’s health status. He has sustained second degree burns on his legs and we are worrying about the consequences. Does a second degree burn leave a mark? If yes, can it be regulated via plastic surgery? We just don’t want him to suffer any more.

Well, the best thing at the moment is that he is all right and well. I want to say that those second degree burns could have be the third degree if the situation was just a bit more serious, so I will repeat that the situation is just fine. As for the marks, yes there will be some marks, but nothing that cannot be fixed, so don’t worry about that.

Hi there,
It depends on the place of the burn and the cause of the burn. You have to understand that not all sources of burns leave the same mark on your skin. The remedy that you use to get rid of the burn from the skin may also play very important role in the scaring of your skin. In most cases there will be no scar but in some cases you might have a scar that is not very noticeable but it may be seen for near distance. You can always have a plastic surgery is something is too noticeable. I hope that this was helpful in any way.

All the best
Danella