Hello, good people. My friends’ kid has been diagnosed with vitiligo. I have heard something about this disease. It has something to do with skin pigment loss. I was wondering what the treatment of this disease is in children. Can someone help me with more info? I will appreciate it. Bye!

Hi. Usually, diagnosis of vitiligo is not difficult to make. There are some key points in treating vitiligo in children. The first one is: “Do not overtreat it!” Oral steroids should not be used with children. Potent topical steroids should also not be used. PUVA (oral psoralens in combination with ultraviolet light) should not be used with kids that are younger of age of 10. A kid should be exposed to natural sunlight without getting sunburns. In any case, your friends should consult a specialist about this. I hope I have helped a little.