My friend told me her daughter became infected and she gets disease called impetigo. She said impetigo might affect skin anywhere on the body. I have noticed change in the area around her daughter’s nose and mouth. I realized impetigo is characterized by blisters that may burst, ooze fluid, and develop a honey-colored crust. I found all this interesting, so I would like to hear more about this condition.

I see you have heard something about this disease, but I would like to say also that impetigo may itch, and it can be spread by scratching. This type of infection usually spreads along the edges of an affected area, but may also spread to other areas of the body. That is a skin infection, generally caused by one of two bacteria, whether it is group A streptococcus or Staphylococcus aureus. Impetigo usually affects preschool and school age children. It happens especially common in the summer months. A child may be more likely to develop impetigo if his skin has already been irritated or injured by some other skin problems. Common conditions that might provoke impetigo to occur are eczema, poison ivy, insect bites, or skin allergy to soap or makeup. It is also interesting that when impetigo is caused by Group A streptococcus, it begins as tiny blisters. These blisters eventually burst to reveal small wet patches of red skin with fluid. Impetigo that is not caused by Group A streptococcus is usually caused by Staphylococcus aureus, and this type of impetigo may cause larger fluid-containing blisters.

can impetigo spread inside the mouth on the tongue? my daughter is 9 mnths and on anti biotics for impetigo i have noticed that she has blister type ulcers now on the side of her tongue im not sure if i shud go back to the doctors incase it is something different cud u help?

Sores associated with impetigo may be mistaken for herpes, a viral infection. Impetigo spreads faster, never develops inside the mouth, and is rarely confined to one area of the body.

I just want a sample answer can you get inpetigo on the tongue yes or no?

I say yes