Hi, I am mother of two children, boy and a girl. Little girl is three years old and after many tests, especially skin test, she was diagnosed with whey allergy. Please, I need some information concerning her condition. What are the allergens? Is there en effective treatment for this allergy? Please answer me; I am so worried about her.

Allergens of this allergy are milk products, especially whey (that is a liquid that is a left over during cheese making). Basically, they are proteins-albumins and globulins. Treatment of whey allergy consists of avoiding milk products. Special diet is formed that does not use milk products. Rest assured that this condition is not a serious one; it will not affect your little girl's life at all.

Hello my question is similar, I'm allegric to lactalbumina which is present in whey. Is there any alternative treatment like a pill to digest the protein, or something like this. It's hard to avoid milk cause you find it in most processed products, and where I live is very hard to find nondiary products. THNX

As far as I am aware, there is nothing available that can help you break down the protein. Lactose intolerant people can take lactase (enzyme) tablets to allow lactose to be broken down but this is will not work for protein allergies (I've had a dairy allergy for most of my life). I sympathize as although my allergy has gotten less severe over time, my daughter (now 3) has a severe reaction to any products containing whey. Buying processed products is almost impossible- we stick to plain things like plain rice cakes and crackers and are not helped very much be the labels "may contain traces of...." so sometimes it's a case of trying a small bit of a particular brand first. I cook most of her food myself from scratch as this way I know what's in it. Living non-dairy is possible but you just need to think beyond milk, cheese and creamy dishes. Cakes and biscuits can be made using non-dairy containing margarine or oil and substituting water for milk. I'm lucky that my daughter can eat goats cheese so she gets the occasional little treat with a small amount of this cheese.