I think my daughter (14) has a viral infection. She has sore throat, fever, headache and feels ache in her joints and extremities. This looks like a viral infection to me. What is best thing to do, to make her feel better as soon as possible. She has a competition in a week and she wants to be ready…

Ok, best is to give her plenty amounts of liquid (not cold water because of sore throat). For the first few days start with water, then tea with lemon or natural juices with lots of vitamin C to improve her immune system. Besides, she must stay in bed for few days for her body to shake off the virus. Cover her and dress her that she sweats a lot and be careful to change her clothes because of sweating. For fever use analgesics (it is best to use paracetamol, because she is still a child). Since she has viral infection, do not use antibiotics, because antibiotics do not help viral infection.
Hope she’ll be fine in few days.