Hi, good people. My daughter has recently noticed some red patchy marks on her skin. It was on areas where she wears jewelry. We are thinking of going to a dermatologist since her physician says it is probably Nickel dermatitis. I would like to know how to treat this condition. Thanks.

Hello to you too. Nickel dermatitis is a form of contact dermatitis. It is good that you will take your daughter to a dermatologist. First thing in treatment is to eliminate the source of one’s allergy. That means that your daughter will have to avoid nickel. You should also put dry vinegar compresses. They will dry blisters. Your daughter will be prescribed topical steroids. Antibiotics are also recommended to prevent secondary infection. For relieving dry and itchy skin, emollients are usually recommended. Of course, your dermatologist will order such a therapy. Don’t do it on your own.

TRIAMCINILONE ACETATE CREAM! ALSO ONLY REAL GOLD JEWELRY, 925  STERLING SILVER OR SURGICAL STEEL OR JEWLERY FOR SENSITIVE SKIN. YOU AN GET A NICKEL TESTING KIT FROM NICKLE FREE.COM ALSO NICKEL FREE BELTS, BUCKELS STUDS FOR JEANS ETC.  I GOT SENSITISED TO NICKEL TO WHEN I WAS A TEEN AND GOT MY EARS PIERCED AT ONE OF THOSE CHEAP JEWELERY PLACES AT THE MALL THAT USED A PIERCING GUN WITH NICKEL IN IT - MY EARLOBES ALMOST FELL OFF FROM THE INFECTION!