I don't think I know how to breathe right during meditation. I know I need to exercise breathing. I know that breathing is essential in meditation...well I am new in all this, but I was told that it can be practiced separately. I don't have constant rhythm in breathing. Please can anyone help me, how should I breath during meditation.

Rest and relax the breathing, make your inhalations and exhalations soft and smooth. Take a little moment of stillness between breaths after exhalation and after inhalation and during this time you should feel any pressure in the body or mind. When we breathe the air passes through the sinuses filtering the air, it also creates energy which soaks into the mind instantly during inhalation and then with the element of water as it's transported with blood. Unconscious breathing techniques may occur during meditation acting as an obstacle in reaching a higher state of consciousness where a complete merging or union is felt with the source of life. The use of sound Om is one of the most effective breathing techniques in relaxing the body, lengthening the breath and calming the mind