What are the health benefits of deep breathing or meditation?

Hi, i didn't know this until i have read this post and did some research, but we inhale and exhale air around 20 000 times a day. :-) This is a big number. Breathing deep involves in an appropriate way not only the respiratory muscles of the chest but also the belly, lower ribcage, and lower back. Deep breathing helps us to harmonize our nervous system and reduce the amount of stress in our lives.

I'm not sure for meditation, is their someone here that can inform us about meditation benefits?

Lower stress! And I think that lower stress is the best health strategy of all. For example, when I get stressed out, I don't sleep as well, I don't eat as well, and I definitely can't concentrate as well. So when I do manage to relax, I tend to eat better food, sleep longer at night, and I can focus at work! I know that a lot of people don't meditate; I definitely did not for the longest time because I thought it was silly. But then I started, and I was much less stressed.

Well this is something that need to be tried. If you can have lower stress, by meditation, then it's definitely worth trying it out.
What methods do you use? Can you fill us in with some details (any music, position, time of day, etc.)?

I do it whenever. I don't have a very good schedule, but I have practiced some pretty powerful methods. I made sure to use a specific hand gesture so my body would associate being relaxed with that particular gesture. I always recall my calm when I use the hand gesture and it's subtle so I can go into a situation feeling relaxed. To be honest, all I do is breathe in for four counts and breathe out for four counts for about 10 - 20 minutes.

Does anyone else out there also meditate?

Hi:
Deep breathing and meditation can result in a high level of relaxation. Taking in deep breaths of oxygen, focusing your mind (shutting your thoughts down)...Your muscles are relaxed...Just thinking about it relaxes me....LOL....Try it out and let us know what you think. Do you have a meditation program in mind, or are you going to use a DVD at home? I'd be interested to know what you find the benefits of deep breathing and meditation to be for you...Let us know.

Hi, I have tried meditation last night and it's really great. I like the open mind and relaxed muscles after meditation. And also I have used deep breading through the meditation. It's really good. From now on I will try to do this few times a week. Last night I have slept like a baby. :-)

If you are very depress and very stressful situation so, meditation helps to stress free and relax to you. Many persons are use of meditation for relaxation and it's really helpful technique.

I noticed that your name is hypnotist, so do you actually do hyptnotism as well? What do you think about instead of meditation to try self-hypnotism? Is that almost the same thing or is there a difference? Would you mind explaining the difference for me because I'm not entirely sure of what the difference is. Thanks!

I'm interested to see you replay. I really don't know much about hypnotism I think this is a chance to find out a little bit about it.
How much do people do hypnoses today? I have never tried something like this and never met someone that has tied it. I don't even know how it is being performed?