Hello, there. There is a lot of stress on my job. Everyone is nervous and it really affects me. I was thinking of beginning some yoga practice or something similar. In fact, I would like to know whether yoga is a kind of meditation. What is yoga in fact? Thanks for your replies.

Hi, there. Yoga can be great for releasing stress and relaxation, infact yoga is often suggested as a form of relaxation techniques for anxiety. Meditation is one of five principles of Yoga. Some people find it as a practice of constant observation of your mind. You focus on your mind. Through meditation, you will find your purpose and strengthen your will. You will have a better concentration and a clearer mind. Many discover tranquility within themselves and wisdom. There are different meditation techniques and exercises. You will learn that all with your instructor if you go for that option. I hope you will find peace. Good luck!

Actually jamey is right. Meditation is one of the Five Principles of Yoga. This is just the theoretical part. You should look for some yoga institute. Cause it is best to do yoga under a good instructor. You can do your own research but in the beginning you'll need an instructor.

Yes, I highly recommend yoga for fighting stress. Yoga does not only focus on meditation, it also introduces certain exercises that focus on your physical health. Mediation is kind of a mental exercise. So yoga does not only strengthen you physically, it also helps you strenghten your mind.

yoga is a great stress buster. i normally get headaches in the evening after a hectic work schedule. just 2 hours of yoga in the evening and the headache is gone. the main thing is it increases the blood circulation. practice it under a good yoga instructor.

Although yoga includes physical exercise, it is also a lifestyle practice for which exercise is just one component.
Training your mind, body, and breath, as well as connecting with your spirituality, are the main goals of the yoga lifestyle

Hi Brandon,

You know, I see every exercise I do as a form of meditation. When I exercise, I release all thoughts, worries and cares out of my mind (which is what meditation helps to accomplish), and I focus my mind on what I am doing at the moment. There are different forms of yoga, some are relaxing (which is what most meditation sessions are about), and some are quite energizing and calorie burning. Try it out for yourself to really experience it, if you haven't already. :-)

-Brandon