Hi I'm a 20 year old male and I feel like I've had hemorrhoids for the longest time. I believe it runs in the family considering both my mom and aunt deal with hemorrhoids as well. If it's not a genetic thing i'm curious to know the causes. I'm not obese, I'm actually consider underweight so it's not that. I spend most of my day at my desk because I'm doing school online. I believe I read that sitting for prolong periods can cause hemorrhoids. I also don't really eat fruit that often because it makes me feel bloated, I might be slightly fructose intolerant. How do I get rid of them? I've tried prep H but I never see any results. I don't know if this is normal but for me the hemorrhoids do come and go but there's always these (for a lack of a better word) sac things where the hemorrhoids usually is. It's like it fills up or something. I know I should go to the doctor but I might as well check here too. 

Drink Water/Eat Healthy Food
See Doctor
Take more Rest
Use Bidet4me Bidet

Yes genetics do play a role as well as you may have gotten the gene that leads to weak rectal veins and tissues. And yes sitting fro prolonged period does lead to hemorrhoids. If you have to sit at the computer for many hours, get a hemorrhoid pillow and maybe set some alarm to remind yourself to get up eevery few minutes. Going for some jog, or even a stroll also helps as it circulates your blood and reduce the swelling.