A few months ago i noticed a sharp pain as i wiped...i then started noticing a little bit of blood on my toilet paper every time after i wiped....this went on for a few months then the other day i finally tried getting a closer look..what i came to notice was a small black spot inside my anus...it hurts when it is touched and i am pretty sure that is what is causing the pain and bleeding...is this a hemorrhoid?

From your description there is a good chance it is a hemorrhoid.

Your doctor can confirm.

Can Preparation H be applied inside of the anus if that is where the bump is?

Check the directions but from my recollection, no.  You don't apply Preparation H into your anus.  External use only.

The bump that is causing me pain is located right at the opening of the hole...is this still considered inside the anus?

As long as it is on your outside you'll be fine.  I was trying to figure out how you'd even see it inside your body.

You should be fine.

well, the only way to see it is if i spread it open far enough.....

I guess my question is if the bump is located on the rim of skin around the hole of the anus is it ok to apply prep h?

Mr.Sneeze wrote:

medic-dan wrote:

You should be fine.

Yes.

As long as it is external, and that is, it should not be a problem.

medic-dan wrote:

Mr.Sneeze wrote:

medic-dan wrote:

You should be fine.

Yes.

thanks for all your help

im sorry to keep this thread going but i applied preparation h last night and i think a little bit of the cream got inside the hole...is it ok if a little bit of the cream gets inside each time i apply it?

Probably. Go to a specialist and get it all checked out. Meanwhile, start on fiber in your diet and hydrate constantly. Flax seed oil, Psyllium Husks, Metamucil are great in addition to healthy high fiber diet. Do it now, as it most likely will only get worse!