I have heard for hemorrhoids and many people suffer of this. I understand some basic info about this but there is one thing that confused me. Lately I have heard there are internal and external hemorrhoids. I was always thinking this is the same so now I would like to know how you get external hemorrhoids. I would appreciate any info about this because I am interested about this topic right now.

It is true there are different types of hemorrhoids, internal and external, as well as trombosed and protrused. Internal hemorrhoids usually do not hurt or itch, patient does not feel them because they are deep inside the rectum. Internal hemorrhoids are harmless, but since their bleeding could mask blood from a dangerous source like colorectal cancer, they should be treated. External hemorrhoids cause most of the symptoms we commonly hear about. Some the most famous symptoms are pain, burning, and itching. If an external hemorrhoid becomes strangulated, a clot can form in it and become an excruciatingly painful thrombosed hemorrhoid. Because of these unpleasant symptoms, external hemorrhoids get the most treatment attention, so most of people know just for those. Since you want to know how you get external hemorrhoids, I would tell you some of the most common risk factors. Those risk factors are diet that lacks fiber, prolonged sitting or prolonged standing, obesity, pregnancy and constipation.

I have 1 EXTERNAL hemorrhoid and I am desperate to have it removed asap. What are my options? Help! Thanks