Hello everyone. My name is Meggy and I am 34 years old. I had two heart attacks. My whole life I am trying to eat healthy and I was sure that I was eating healthy. But than I found out that I am eating a lot of trans fats. I found a list of foods where I can find trans fats and I was shocked. I just want someone to tell me how bad are trans fats for heart attacks survivors since I am still eating them? Should I quit eating them or not?

I need some serious answers.. thank you. 

If you ask me, you should definitely avoid eating trans fats. They raise your bad cholesterol and it can be very dangerous for everyone, especially for heart attack survivors and people with heart attack issues. So you should definitely limit the intake of it. That is very important. Also I would suggest you to read all the nutrition labels on foods as you buy them in the store and especially when you are eating out. It is very important to ask in what kind of oil food is prepared at. Maybe it seems silly to you, but it is not.

Hey there.

Very, very bad. If you avoid them you will avoid the chances of having heart attack. Like saturated fats, trans fats raise unhealthy LDL cholesterol but also lowers healthy HDL cholesterol. So, it is very important for you to try to limit products that list vegetable oil or some other type of oil in the ingredient. Trans fats you can find in the hydrogenated margarine, fried foods, dries, doughnuts and many other package foods such as crackers, cookies, baked products.

So it is very important to avoid them and you should avoid them. They can't bring anything good to heart patients.

Definitely you need to avoid them, because generally you can’t get nothing well from them. So try to find the best formula what to eat, try to figure out what is the best for your heart. Improving your diet can definitely help you manage your current and future health conditions, such as very high cholesterol, blood pressure and blood sugar. Trans fats can be especially harmful to your heart and arteries as well.

That is why you need to notice what do you eat, you need to be careful because there are a lot of groceries that contain trans fats.

Hello there good friends. From your post I can see that you all believe, actually that you know that I need to avoid trans fats. My biggest problem is because I am trying so hard but for example, today I was eating good breakfast and for the dinner I ate - pizza. I know that this is bad but somehow I believe that I don't have a will to make things better.
Can you recommend me for example what to eat in one day, one - day menu?
Maybe this will help me and maybe I will continue to eat healthy if I do that one day? Thank you for your advice, I am happy because I found this site.

Hey there. It is hard to tell what you should eat, but you definitely should NOT eat pizza. I think that you already know what is good for you, because you already mentioned that you had healthy breakfast and you know that pizza is not healthy. So, think twice what is the best for you.

For example for breakfast you can eat oatmeal with water, maybe with some non - fat yogurt. For lunch you can eat chicken breasts and some salad. For dinner eat something light. If you want to have any snack, grab some fruit. That is all.