Hello guys. I am really scared for my health. I did some tests and analyses and finally today my doctor called me telling me that the results are done. I went to see him and he told me the diagnose – I have some saturated fats in my body and to be honest, I don’t know what they are and how dangerous they can be. My friend told me that saturated fats can be dangerous for my heart, especially because I have problems with my heart. So, I need your opinion about this issue – how dangerous are saturated fats for heart?

Hello guest. You should definitely tell us more about your health condition. For example, you could tell us more about your heart condition – what is wrong with your heart, what kind of problems do you have?

You are probably eating foods that contain saturated fats and that is why you have it in your body. Eating foods that contain saturated fats raises the level of cholesterol in your body, and high levels of LDL cholesterol in your blood can increase your risk of heart disease and stroke.

So, when you think again – it is dangerous and you need to do something about this.

Hi you two,

First of all Guest, saturated fats are not at all good for your health and here's why.

Like La Yi La wrote, eating foods with saturated fats raises the level of cholesterol in your blood, and the high level of cholesterol increases the risk of heart diseases and heart attacks.

But no worries, this can be easily fixed. Replacing foods that are high in saturated fat with healthier options can lower blood cholesterol levels. You just need to stop eating fast food (as they mostly contain saturated fats) and start eating more healthy food like fruits, vegetables and others.

Hey guys,

You are right, Health n Joy, but it's not just in fast food, saturated fats occur naturally in many foods. The majority come mainly from animal sources, including meat and dairy products. Stuff like fatty beef, lamb, pork, poultry with skin, beef fat (tallow), lard and cream, butter, cheese and other dairy products made from whole or reduced-fat milk contain big amounts of saturated fats. 

Many baked goods and fried foods can contain high levels of saturated fats as well. Some plant-based oils, such as palm oil, palm kernel oil and coconut oil, also contain primarily saturated fats, but do not contain cholesterol.

Hi everyone,

Guest, saturated fats are not good for your health, not only that these are not good for you, but they are dangerous and could cause a heart attack and death in rare occasions.

The American Heart Association recommends aiming for a dietary pattern that achieves 5% to 6% of calories from saturated fat. On the average, every person needs about 2000 calories a day, which would make this 13 grams of saturated fats a day.

Like Health n Joy wrote, you don't need to worry about this, just start eating properly and healthy now that you know that you have high cholesterol.

Hello everybody,

Like everyone already told you, saturated fats ain't good for you and you should stop eating foods that contain these.

I would advise you to start eating a dietary pattern that emphasizes fruits, vegetables, whole grains, low-fat dairy products, poultry, fish and nuts while limiting red meat, sugary foods and beverages. There are more types of fats and you should try to replace foods with saturated fats with foods with monounsaturated and/or polyunsaturated fats. 

Doctors aren't suggesting that people should stop eating foods with saturated fats, they are just saying that there needs to be a limit of how many saturated fats would you eat every day.

Hi everyone,

It's true what they all wrote, Guest, I had the same problem as you do now.

My doctor told me that I have high cholesterol caused by a big amount of saturated fats. He told me that I am not to worry about anything if I change my diet and start to eat healthier. Which I did, of course, I wouldn't gamble with having a heart attack or getting some kind of a heart disease.

Anyway, some time later when I went back for analyses, after eating food from the list that my doctor gave me, it turned out that my cholesterol went back to normal.

Good day everyone.

I am dealing with it as well but I didn’t know that this can be so dangerous. I remember that when my doctor told me this and he told me that I got it because of the foods that I am eating. He didn’t told me which foods I need to eat, what I should avoid so I find it by myself. I found that foods containing saturated fats are : butter, fatty meats, fatty meats products, full fat milk (I was drinking it with coffee all the time), cheese, coconut oil (I was using it as well), cakes, chocolates, etc.

Practically those are the foods that you need to avoid because saturated fats are generally dangerous for our health.

Hello. Definitely they are dangerous and harmful for your health. Saturated fats are unhealthy and it is claimed to raise cholesterol levels and give people heart attacks. And that is true but some studies have shown that it is a little bit more complicated than this. It is not just about your heart, it is generally about your health. You can develop a lot of other health issues if you are eating foods that contain saturated fats. In this case, diet program is a very good idea. It is helpful. You should try any diet program to clean your body.

Hello everyone.

Well, it is known that saturated fats have long been called bad fats because of their bad effect on the heart. But, I was reading some article recently about it and I found that some analysis showed that those fats are not that bad as they are saying. Some experts generally disagree that saturated fats can make damage to our hearts. I am not an expert but I can tell you what I think. I believe that we all should try to avoid saturated fats from some groceries, because nothing is not good when we eat it a lot. So, find the balance, find the proper diet program for you. That is my advice for everyone.