Hello all, About a month ago, My obgyn doc told me i have pcos and thats why i couldn't get pregnant before. My obgyn doc gave me Metformin 500mg and take it twice a day. So i get 1000mg's a day. I'm 25 year's old and i've maybe had 15 period's. And my last one was alittle over a year ago. I've always told myself i would have 3 kids by time i'm 25 year's old :'( . Well that time is here and i have no kid's. I've always tryed. But with no period, it's not going to happen. If there is anyone out there that can answer my question. It would be so great. Well my question is, I haven't gottin my period yet, can i still get pregnant since i'm taking Metformin? Please someone answer me????

yeah there's a chance, unless your on the birth control?

read my question please i need help.

Thank you. I don't take birth control. I'm trying to get pregnant. But i have pcos and it's harder for me to concieve.

i WAS TRYING TO GET PREG FOR 13 YRS OR MORE AND MY DOC PUT ME ON METFORMIN AND BIRTH CONTROL. i SAY IN LIKE 4-5 MONTHS I STOP TAKING THE BC AND GOT PREGNANT. I USE TO BE VERY IRREGULAR AND DIDNT THINK I COULD GET PREG BCUZ OF NO PERIOD. ONCE U GET UR PERIOD TOGETHER AND REGULAR BY TAKIN BC AND METFORMIN 4 BOUT 5 MONTHS THEN STP TAKIN DA BC. U WILL GET PREG. WHEN HAVIN INTERCOURSE LAY BCK AND PUT A PILLOW UNDER UR HIPS 4 BOUT 10-15 MINS EVERY TIME

Thank you! I'll call my doc and ask some questions, maybe she'll do that for me.

are you serious...birth control does not get your period together. BC forces your body to have a period by manipulating the female hormone levels.

metformin regulates the female hormones by regulating insulin which in turn regulates estrogen and progesterone.

I recety switched My GYN as my old one did nothing for my pcos afterbshe diagnosed me about 6 months ago. As soon as I told my current GYN I was diagnosed she immediately did my blooidwork and darts me on metformin after my results came back. She also started me on BC along with metformin to kick start my periods AND keep them regular as before this I NEVER could get AF unless I took pro era which made AF last 40+ days