I had suffered from a severe back injury and ever since I have been changing my painkillers in a search for a right one. Momentarily, I am taking vicodin and it helps the most, so far. A friend advises me to include carisoprodol in the therapy, but I am in dilemma. Is it even safe to take vicodin with carisoprodol?

Well, Vicodim itself is a very powerful painkiller that should be enough for your back pain problems. Additionaly, it has its own side effects that you should be aware of. As for carisoprodol, it helps with muscle relaxation (especially when you have spasms). I think that a consultation with your doctor is in order simply because you might end up having to deal with side effects of both meds.

soma actually makes opiates stronger so be careful when taking with pain meds. however if your doctor prescribed both pf them for you then this is most likely the reason as well as its muscle relaxant properties.

Hello frfeemon,
I completely agree with what billi advised you, do not combine vicodin with carisoprodol. if you wish you can chose either vicodine or carisoprodol. but any of the medicine will so positive result only with proper rest and supported physio therepy. if you wish you can go for tramodol as well, as this is also a very well responding pain killer. 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

I have taken Vicodan and Soma for years for chronic pain with spasms. Neither works alone. If both together are too strong, take half of each. Ask Doc, of corse.....