okay, so i started my birth control about 2 and a half three weeks-ish. my boyfriend and i had sex on the day of my seventeenth pill but we used a condom. while pulling out it slipped off and some of his cum got on my thighs. i immediattly wiped it off. i dont know if it got anywhere else. im nervous that i could still possibly have gotten pregnant. i was just wondering how long it took for birth control to actually kick in and work and if it was still a high chance i could have gotten pregnant. please help. :|

They always say that you should wait at least a month after starting birth control to have unprotected intercourse, but even then intercourse with out another form of birth control IE condoms, you can always run the chance still of becoming pregnant...I would say that you should be alright if you have been taking them on a regular basis with out missing any...The soonest that you could take a test would be about a day or so before your next period, if this is neg, wait another week and retest just to be sure......

I have been on birth control pills for ten years and it only takes 7 days to become effective.