hi..i just wanted to ask how long does the sperm live outside the body. because when my boyfriend came, our hands, especially my hand was wet with semen, he had only few and we wiped it off our hands thoroughly. After about 10-20mins he fingered me, i am just scared if i still can be pregnant out of that. He said he really wiped off all of the semen and his hands and fingers were really dry. i am just looking for some answers so. :-(

If it dried up, and it sounds like it did, then not very long, MAYBE a few minutes. Sperm won't survive in air for long.

Next time, use soap and water.

so do you think i can't be pregnant?

No, I don't think you'll get pregnant from your description of what happened.

thank you for putting my mind at ease, iguess i'm just being paranoid because my period hasn't come yet, my last period was jan13..for the last three months i have a 26-28 day cycle..but i was on medications for my pco that time..and now im not taking any meds maybe cycle is going back to its usual irregular cycle?

what are you thoughts about my previous reply??

You are a few days late.

How irregular are your periods?

As long as you both wiped thoroughly the sperm should not have lived more than a few minutes. Since he said his hand was dry, then there should be very little chance of pregnancy.

I think you're just going back to your irregular period.

There is always a chance but I think it extremely small.

usually my periods come few days after the last day of my previous period, so maybe that's it?
my period still hasn't come. earlier this morning i took a pregnancy test and it was negative.the test was a 25 mIu, so do you think i have nothing to stress about anymore?

Since you normally would have had your period by now then you could test. Since you did test and it is coming up negative then you may not be pregnant and still awaiting your period.

Hard to say with such an irregular period.

Give it another week or so and if still no period, retest.

I don't think you are pregnant but would also like to know for sure.

Hang in there.

thank you for all your help, i will let you know what happens..i really hope i am not pregnant :-(

were you preg??lol

sperm can live 72 hours after ejaculation. Becareful. I dont mean to scare you. just facts.

On what basis do you know this if you don't mind me asking

Sperm can only live a couple hours outside the body, but it also depends on the circumstances so I would still be very careful if you don't want to get pregnant.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

i had unprotected sex the first and second day after of my period i have a 28 day cycle is it possible that i am pregnant?