I am 28 years old male, nicotine free for 1 year. Before this i was smoking for 4 years 1/2pack/day and quit using 21mg nicotine patch(which seems made me more addictive)

Since the last days of nicotine patch i feel pretty bad. I have anger, anxiety, super low self esteem, i am very uncomfortable in social situations, mood swings. It's been close to a year now and i am totally tired of this. Small things bother me... Why does it take so long?

I feel worthless. Whatever i do or accomplish i don't feel positive about it. I know i am depressed now. But i never was depressed in my life before. Not before smoking, not while smoking. I started smoking for fun - stupid i know.

Are the people with similar feeling? HOW LONG for it to subside?

First off I will congratulate you for nicotine free. I think you will feel this anxiety or depression for some days but you can spend your healthy life afterwords. My suggestion is that don't think that you are not doing smoking now continuously. Just because of that you feel depression in you.

I do know that YOU have to be mentally ready to quit. Not from others suggesting it. It takes all the energy you have. My husband stopped smoking about 4 months ago and is having anxiety attacks. He says that it is like the first day he quit. I think he will end up going back to smoking. He says that he misses smoking and that he enjoyed it. He says that he quit for me (I have COPD)