Hi, I have bad experience with quitting smoking so I decided to try some medicines, I was proposed to take Chantix. Is it effective?

Hi, since smoking is one of the most addictive habits, but still many people manage to quit. Chantix, is an effective way for smokers to quit smoking without taking nicotine in other forms, like patches or chewing gums. Chantix is proven to be three times more effective as a placebo, and it also has better characteristics compared to Zyban, another drug used to quit smoking. It acts in brain by mimicing the effects of nicotine to help prevent cravings and, when a person starts to smoke again it is no more a pleasure, since pleasant effects of smoking are blocked.

I thought I would die if I didn't have a cigarette. I would quit and then have just that one to satisfy the craving and WA-LA I was back smoking up to 2 packs a day.
It took me many times, I tried the patch once. It worked somewhat. However I could still smoke having the darn things on because I craved the inhalation of the cigarette I was used to after a lot of years smoking. It calmed my nerves and was a habit I was addicted to, as many are.
I wanted to quit badly. I believe it or not Quit Cold Turkey after a friend of mine did the same.
On January 25th 2004 I quit. I haven't picked up since. Not even a puff. Now I get ill when I smell the darn things. I especially want to puke when I'm standing in a line at a store and the person in front or behind you reeks like stale smoke from the night before.
I gained quite a few pounds although my lungs are clean.
I can always lose the extra pounds, however I cannot dig myself out from 6 feet underground, If you know what I mean.
Good Luck!!!! ;-)