I'm into 12months of quitting after 30 years of smoking and still feel unwell at times...  I've worked in my very stressful job for over 25 years and can count on one hand amount of time i've had off work from illness... Over the last 12 months ive taken over 10 weeks off work all through the side effects i'm suffering from nicotine withdrawell, always suffering from flu like symptoms, chesty coughs, diarea, headaches and aches and pains like i never experienced before. i've been temped to started smoking again just to releive these syptoms just to have a day without feeling so unwell, been the doctors but he says it will pass i hope so cos after a year its getting beyond comfort... I've not smoked since giving up and surprised myself how i managed to stick to it, just wasnt expecting the side effects to last this long, i did read other peoples experiences before quitting so i wasnt blind in what to expect... Keep smoke free even with the sde effects and stay healthier and richer.....

Hello, yeah it is rather unusual for symptoms to last that long. I mean, they say nicotine should get out of your system in 3 weeks. So i dont know why you still have those symptoms. My mother quit smoking after 30 years and she had some major symptoms, she explained it like having chills all over her body and being tired and sleepy all the time. But it took like a month for symptoms to go away. She is into 9th year from when she stoped. All in all, i think you are doing a great job on quitting. People often underestimate how big of a leap quitting smoking really is. Its a big step in one's life. So, keep up the good work. As for your symptoms, you might consider trying something with alternative medicines like herbal tea.