I feel horrible. I did not sleep a wink last night and I have such bad anxiety. I have been smoking for 6-7 years now. I am not a casual smoker. morning-noon-and night...every day. I am so sick of relying on cannabis. I have quit before because of a massive anxiety attack that lasted 6 days. I was convinced it was because i was smoking at least a quarter of chronic a day. i started smoking again 9 months later and i was okay. but ever since that anxiety attack my nervous system has not felt right. I have had almost every symptom of withdrawal now and i am only on my second day. Last night i was having hot/cold flashes. I don't get it.....i quit again when i was pregnant and it didn't seem nearly as hard as now...maybe because i weened myself. ?? Does anyone have an opinion on when these horrible feelings subside? I have been reading that the 2nd to 4th day(s) are the worst.

Anyone who says marijuana is not physically addictive can suck it! here is your proof scientists! lol the best best chronic ever is the closest you can get to heroin. and i have tried heroin. but here i sit...addicted to weed. i actually have 4 siblings who are all addicted to cannabis as well. my sister actually lives with my husband and i, so we are quitting together. I just wanted everyone's input...and maybe some support. People who make light of mary-jane do not understand the severity of addiction to it. Just because YOU don't get addicted, does not mean someone else won't!

Keep up the sobriety everyone! Don't give in and start smoking again like i did years ago. Now I have to quit because i have the most beautiful 2 year old little girl and I am sick of cannabis running my life and I want it BACK! 8-|

Hi there Rachel, so glad to hear that you're quitting and I hope that you're doing better. Every day's a battle and it sounds like you've got your armor on. PLease stay strong and you'll be doing fine. Don't worry about the symptoms of anxiety. You can beat all that. As for sleeping, though, don't be afraid to take a sleeping pill. IT can help in these first few nights. YOu're most suceptible the first week of quitting, so stay strong. Let us know how you're doing okay? :-)

hi Rachel. i do not know if this will help you, but i suppose any advice no matter how big or small can make all the difference..

you should reasearch as much information as you can!! find out all the details of withdrawral symptoms, anxiety, depression, insomnia.. etc. the more information you have the better equipped you will be to deal with anything that this addiction will throw your way..

you will beat this addiction if you truelly want to.. you have the willpower.. and when you do get through this (which you will ) you will be a stronger person for it