im trying to quit smoking cold turkey, but every since I started last Saturday my lack of being able to breath is unbearable and this only Wednesday. is this a common problem for a person that smoked 2 plus packs a day? I did smoke a few this morning and it seems my breathing is better than it was, I definitely want to become a non smoker, but I cant take the not being able to breath. I couldn't even walk 20 feet without being totally out of breath when I was totally quit for that 3 days

When you stop taking nicotine-containing products, your body adjusts to no longer having nicotine in its system. And this is called a nicotine withdrawal. Your difficulty to breath is one of the symptoms, and you might be experiencing more, like anxiety, depression, etc. You need to be strongly motivated when you decide to quit smoking. It is also very helpful if you ask professional advice in the entire process.

thank you very much, I was told anxiety might have a lot to do with it. I forgot to mention in my original message that I do have copd. so quitting is not an option