Hi, there are so many products available on the market for quitting smoking. But which one would you recommend as being the most effective?

Hi, I know that there are many nicotine patches, sprays and gum and other commercial stop smoking programs. But these products usually cost a lot, and they all contain nicotine. Nicotine is a poison, and there are other options to deal with smoking stopping. Some herbal remedies can be as effective as nicotine containing products but without exposing you once again to all undesirable effects of nicotine. There is no addiction, as you probably know some people become addicted to nicotine patches. Addiction is not seen if you use herbal ingredients. So, my recommendation are not nicotine containing products but some other form of nicotine substitute.

Hello I just thought I would share my quitting smoking experience with you. I had been a smoker for 24 years not any more than a pack a day, but not much less either. I had heard about a friend who quit just by reading a book. So I got the name of the book. It was called "Quit smoking the easy way" By Alan Carr. You can get this book from the Library if you do not want to buy it, but it is not expensive and after reading it I did not have the urge to smoke or buy ciggarettes and it has been 1 year for me. I have passed on this book to many people and I never would have thought it would work for me but it did and it could work for you too. What do you have to lose?

Chantix, chantix chantix. I can't say this enough. Nobody seems to know about it because they haven't started major ad campaigns (and this is why I feel obliged to tell everyone I know, and everyone I don't, about it). it's a Pfizer drug.

With Chantix, I have been able to quit really easily (willpower and motivation were definitely still necessary, but this med really did a lot). It's been nine days, and already I simply do not feel like smoking. I don't wan't one! Very brief moments will come where I feel like I do want one, but they are indeed very short and totally manageable.

Another benefit to this stuff is that, apparently, if you smoke while on it, you will find that cigarettes taste very bad because Chantix is blocking your brain's nicotine receptors. Even if you inhale nicotine, your body won't know it, and you will only have the gross taste of a cigarette. Let me just say, though, that Chantix' craving-curbing abilities are great enough that I haven't been even tempted enough to have a cigarette in the first place.

The only product that I would recommend is a website whyquit.com it's free and it works. The book is free and downloads easily. Read the entire site and download and read the entire book.

I smoked for almost 25 years and quit cold turkey almost 4 years ago.

I'm free from bronchitis, pneumonia, asthma, COPD, the stink of the smoke on me and in my home, the slavery to tobacco and the financial woes to support this deadly addiction. I threw my inhalers away breathe great feel better and wonder why I was ever so stupid to even have started smoking.

I'm free from the negative social aspects of smoking; going outside in the bitter cold to smoke and looking like a fool, getting that "look" when purchasing two cartons of cigs for almost $100.00 while using double coupons on my food items, the pure stench and stink that was on me for all those years and lots more.

I'm free and you can be too. I know you can do this and you will. Please refer to yourself as a NON SMOKER not an ex smoker the day you quit. This helped me alot and I hope it helps you.

Also put all the money you would have spent on smokes in either a savings or a container, seriously, and see how it adds up. I did and wow, I bought new clothes for me, new tires for my car and paid off a credit card after only about 8 months.

Good Luck

I smoked for 4 years which, compared to the rest of the posters, isn't that long. However, I build an addiction nonetheless. The only thing I recommend is to something active. Something you could do with ease before your days of smoking. You'll see just what the smokes do to you and how they really aren't worth it. I played basketball in high school and could run for hours. Since I graduated I hadn't picked up a ball until about a month ago. I was so out of breath withing 30 minutes I had to stop playing. That really sparked my desire to kick the habit. I haven't smoked a cigarette since that day and I feel amazing. I had attempted to quit before but to no avail. I would quit for about two days, then go out drinking and start again. That cycle repeated over and over because I never really wanted to quit. I thoroughly understood the negative effect that they have on my body that day playing basketball. If you can kick the cigarette habit cold turkey, it will be for the best. You will know in your mind that nothing can overpower your will power.