Hi.I was a smoker for almost 7 years on average smoked 10 sticks per day.a month ago I quit cold turkey.since then I am having all kind of symptoms. Worst is a strange wave like sensations in back of my head and arms for few seconds.Have headache and head pressure almost everyday.pressure behind my left eyes.anxietis getting worst.sometime I feel nauseated and continuous burps.Been to neurologist done MRI he said everything normal.Don't know whether its my over anxiety bcoz of quiting smoke..has anybody any thoughts on it..I am going crazy..sometimes I think of start smoking again to get rid of these symptoms Eben though I don't have any cravings or urges to smoke.

I have been smoke free for 20 months. It takes time but I know many of the symptoms I had were all from anxiety after quitting. I never and anxiety before as a smoker but do now that I am a non smoker. I'm not sure why this would happen but it did for me. Maybe nicotine surpressed my anxiety the whole time and I never knew it existed? Don't give in relax, deep breath and you will overcome the feelings. Keith

Thanks Keith..for your reply.Never thought anxiety can cause all these strange symptoms.. All these days I resorted to nicotine to mask it.I hope its only withdrawal symptoms and nothing from any major health issue.Its just been a month without smoke..don't know when I will relapse.

If you are worried like I was about health issues after quitting, do like I did and go to the doc and get every test done. I had full blood work, went to a cardio and pulm doc. Everything came back fine which put my mind more at ease. I still get anxiety here and there but I will take that over smoking related illness any day. I have seen people with COPD and it's scary not being able to breath. Keith

I did that to.Did blood tests,ECG, even mri,every things normal.Smoking is such a killer addiction.. Never thought it will trouble me like this.Now Doc I visited suggesting me to have nicotine gums.Doc himself been a smoker lol..he is using gums to cope with withdrawal. He is of the opinion that it will take 3 to 6 months to become normal.

Do not use the gum. It's all mind over matter with this. It took me 12 months. I'm sure there were people who were fine after 3. Everyone is different. My father in law quit after 40 years and never had an issue. Unless they have gone through a bad withdrawal they will never understand. If all the test are fine what does that tell you? It's all in your head. Anxiety can cause the strangest feelings. There were times I thought I was going crazy but fought through it. Now I see it was worth it because I was able to do it with going on any anxiety meds and using gum. Try Calmes Fotre. It says for sleep but I take it any time I feel stress coming on. It does not make you sleepy like a sleeping pill. It relaxes your thoughts from racing. Try it, it's all natural and can pick it up at CVS. Keith

You are right everybody's withdrawal experiences are unique,there is no handbook on experiences one feel.u only have to undergo them to know about them,and nobody believes ur anxiety driven feelings is you explain them.Read some where that nicotine triggers beta endrohins nuerons in brain which suppresses pain and anxieties.Never knew all these stuffs when I was puffing smokes one after the other..