my friend having hepatitus B can somebody tell me what is this and how deal with this when it becomes active and what precautions she has to take.

Hi Mariem,

Hep B is an inflammation of the liver caused by a viral infection.  It's spread via contact with bodily fluids, blood, semen, etc, from an infected individual.

In most cases it will resollve itself.  Anti-viral drugs may be prescribed.  In some cases it never goes away.

Your friend should not consume alcohol until cleared.  Alcohol puts an additional strain on the liver.

Casual contact, hand shakes, etc, will not spread Hep B.  Body fluids are the key.  Don't share forks, knives, toothbrushes, etc.

Hope it helps.

thanks for the help but culd you tell me the home remedy and are the injections are necessary for hepatitis b patient

There are different type of hepatitis.

There are no "home remedies." Hep B often does not require any treatment. It can resolve on its own. No medication of any type may be required.

In other cases they are prescribed anti-viral drugs. I can't speculate about what, if any, treatment your friend is receiving.

i heard it too that no treatment is needed for hepatitis B. BUT some doctors scare by saying its a bomb hide in the liver and injections are required for sorting out the problem of hep B.My friend suffering from this hepatitis B 3 years ago but until now she doesn't get any effect...she is not taking any medicine but she is worried.Yesterday i saw in youtube they said hep B is much dangerous.....can u please hel us

My friend is suffering from this virus 3 years ago but until now she doesn't get any effect....but some doctors say that medicine is required for this disease because its a bomb hided itself in the liver and some say heavy injections are required for sorting out this problem....yesterday we consult with the doctor he prescribed us eating simple food like fruits etc and did not give us any medicine.....huh please could you tell me to whom we should rely on????

Mariem,

Hep B is usually NOT a cause for concern in a healthy adult. Hep C is most definitely. There are MAJOR differences in types of hepatitis and their treatments.

Yes, Hep B can be chronic. Your friend should see a gastroenterologist as they focus on the liver. A GP may not be the best source of information.

all posts sounds good keep sharing your experiences