Hi! My sister has been diagnosed Prinzmetal's angina. All our family worries for her. I know that angina is heart disease, but please tell me what is Prinzmetal Angina? what is treatment? What is difference between angina and Prinzmetal Angina?

Hi! You should know Prinzmetal's angina is a form of unstable angina, or recurrent episodes of chest pain while at rest (angina is the medical term for chest pain, pressure, or tightness). It is different from stable angina, in which chest pain occurs in a predictable pattern during exertion or exercise. With Prinzmetal's angina, chest pain may also be brought on by hyperventilation, exposure to cold or extreme emotional stress. The chest pain of Prinzmetal's angina is caused by coronary artery spasm. In rare cases, if the spasm is not stopped, it can lead to a heart attack. Prinzmetal's angina is treated with medications, specifically nitroglycerin, long-acting nitrates, and calcium channel blockers. Don’t worry I have this Prinzmetal Angina more than 5 years and I didn’t have heart attack.

I have symptons closely approximate those of prinzmetal angina 3 weeks ago. I notice that it had been twiggered by my stretching exercise in bed, the first thing I do on waking up in the morning.
I figure that if we need warming up before intense exercise, the heart may have similar need. So, I move about in bed a couple of times before I start my exercise & you know what, the symptons are gone now.
I know a couple of people who had heart attack when they tried to get up too quickly from a deep slumber eg jump up to grab the phone when it rings.
I may not have the illness but just an advice: do not get into quick motion in early morning. Give the heart time to adapt to the action routine after it has relaxed for 9 hours.