Hello, folks. I am in 6th month pregnancy and I am thinking of having an epidural during my deliver. I wonder how long it will take me to recover after epidural. This is my first pregnancy and I don’t have any experience with this. I would appreciate this. Thank you. Bye!

Hello. I gave birth with epidural. Your epidural catheter usually stays for an hour after the childbirth. If you have a cesarean surgery, it will stay for more hours. You will feel numb in your lower part of the body for few hours. However, if you have a continuous flow of anesthetic, then soon after the stopping of receiving this anesthetic, you will be able to feel sensations. Your bladder catheter will be removed as soon as you can stand on your legs on go to the bathroom. You will feel sore after the epidural. You should talk to your obstetrician about further details. I hope I’ve helped. Good luck!