Hi, my child is sensitive to pollen of grass and has rhinitis every spring. I believe that allergy shots would help her, but how much would it cost?

Allergen immunotherapy is based on injecting increasing amounts of an allergen to a patient over several months. It is done to prevent the development of allergy, like from allergic rhinitis to asthma. Allergen immunotherapy is the only method providing long-lasting relief of allergy symptoms after treatment is stopped. Your child can be treated with this method, in case of food allergies however, only solution is to avoid sensitizing food. Costs of therapy are not small, and depend on region and insurance coverage, as well as severity of symptoms and length of therapy.

Well,
I am not really sure how much does allergy shot costs but I have to tell you that first you have to take your child to see a doctor in order to do some test. The test will show if your child is allergic to anything and then the doctor will decide if the allergy shot is really necessary. You have to understand that this is not something that you will be able to do yourself because this needs professional assistance. How old is your child and what kind of symptoms does he have that indicate allergy? I hope that this helped in any possible way and that you child will be well.

Good luck,
Karel