Couldn't find what you looking for?

TRY OUR SEARCH!

Elizabeth White encountered peanut allergy at the age of 1, when she was given a nibble of a peanut butter cracker. Within minutes, her airways got swollen and shut and she started grasping for air. Such a small amount of peanut was enough to trigger a severe allergic reaction and lead a toddler to a life-threatening situation.

At the age of 4 ½, her parents enrolled her in a groundbreaking experiment that was conducted to test if eating small amounts of the very foods that triggered allergic reactions could train children's bodies to overcome severe food allergies.

Allergies to environmental triggers like pollen have already been treated with shots called immunotherapy in which the patients were injected with small amounts of the allergen. This was supposed to build up patients' tolerance and reduce or eliminate allergic symptoms. However, such treatment was too dangerous for food allergies and the researchers decided to try another approach- oral immunotherapy.

A child would spend a day at the hospital where it would be given minuscule but increasing doses of either an egg powder or defatted peanut flour. They would start with a minimal amount and increase it until the child broke out in hives.

Then they would be sent home where they would be taking their daily dose that would be just under that reactive amount. Every two weeks, they would be coming to the hospital for an increased dosage to build up tolerance.
Two years after regularly taking their daily dosages, four of the seven youngsters in the egg pilot study could eat two scrambled eggs with no problem and six children from the peanut allergy could tolerate 15 peanuts.
One of the main reasons the study was conducted was to make the children protected from accidentally taking a bite of the forbidden foods, which was no rare occasion.

Researchers are warning that such experiments should under no circumstances be carried out at homes since children were monitored in the hospital for the real risk of life-threatening reactions.

Further research is still needed to seek better evidence for the treatment. It is still not known if the protection would last if the kids stopped taking their daily dosages some time after the initial treatment.

Blood tests have also showed that people who tolerate higher doses had lower blood levels of immunoglobulin-E, which is the key to immune cells' overreaction to allergens.

Loading...

I developed PPD allergy when I was 22 years old after 4 years of hair dyeing on black. (I am male ginger and I don't like my natural hair colour).

Once you develop allergy, nothing would help. My scalp became itchy more and more and I started loosing hair. I was researching and after a year I found another

 

solution, indigo - indigofera tinctoria.

 

Due to my natural hair on which indigo did't adhere well I had to dye my hair every 10 days. I used pure indigofera tinctoria with destilled water heated to 60

 

degrees and with non-iodic salt on extra-clean hair.

 

After a year, suddenly the same thing happened as it happened when I was using chemical dye. My scalp became itchy more and more from week to week until my hair

 

started to fall out again. I was very depressed. Indigo also can not be removed entirely from hair. Finely I had to shave myself to avoid any further itching and

 

redness of my scalp. Once you develop allergy on indigo it is there. I tried to dye just a patch of my hair after a year and allergy was still there.

 

However, I hated my ginger hairs and started to explore again. Tried also dyeing with walnut shells with the same allergy again. I didn't dye my hair for 2 years and

 

even with no dying on my hair, slight allergy was developed every few months. I had very sensitive scalp and had to forget on any dyeing.

 

Nobody know how frustrating all that was. Not only I lost part of my hair during allergy reaction (for which I did'nt know they will grow back), I also didn't feel

 

well with my ginger colour of hair.

 

But I didn't gave up. after two years I found that allergy can be treated with allergen injections but was very expensive in Slovenia.

 

It sounds strange what I did (I was very desperate), but it helped.

I red that if you raise your alergen level in your blood, the body would stops reaction!!!

 

Indigofera tinctoria is a natural plant used also for healing in traditional medicine, nontoxic to human body.

I again partly dyed my hair (on the back, so I was able to cut them at allergy reaction)

 

I sniffed indigofera tinctoria powder through my nose, two times a day for a month. The taste was not very pleasant but alergen absorbes trough mucous membrane

 

(doesnt come to lungs).

 

After first sniff, itching on the back stopped. But developed again. I sniffed a small amount of pure indigofera tinctoria powder when itching started. After I month

 

I overcame an allergy and was able to dye all of my hair with no itching or hair falling out.

 

I was very happy with my experiment, but I didn't wan't to share with anyone because one might think I am giving hazardous advices.

I know well how frustrating itchy scalp and allergy can be and it was nothing compared to slight risk of indigofera toxicity (I did'n found any bad effect).

 

I don't encourage anyone to do the same as I did. One should get allergen injections under medical supervise if develope allergy on all hair dies but still doesn't

 

want to give up hair dyeing.

 

After your body stops reaction on allergen, it is permanent solution. Now I have been using indigo on my hair for 5 years without any reaction. My hair grew back.

Reply

Loading...