I am 60 and have had increasing difficulty with urination even with meds.I've just had the probe of the prostate, via both the urethra and anus. My prostate is clearly enlarged and the urologist tells me I have three lobes instead of two. He says I am in danger of a too rigid bladder that will result in catheters to urinate. He also says he must remove 95% of the prostate with the Holmium Laser Enucleation. There is no evidence of cancer with reasonable PSA levels and I dont understand why so much needs to be removed? It seems leaving 20% is the average. Is there a certain amount of prostate that is needed for producing a seminal ejaculate? I just dont want to have less chance of sexual performace if it is just expidient for the surgeon. Experience and reassurance welcomed...

Did you ask the surgeon or ask to get a second opinion about this? For this kind of major, invasive surgery dealing with the prostate, I would venture to guess sexual performance may be affected no matter how much is removed.

In my own experience with most Dr.s they seem to think most men over 30 or 40 don't deserve to have any sex or pleasure and act as if sex is only for younger men and for making kids and not for a man's normal health and enjoyment of life. Many Dr.s are way too eager to hack off men's sexual organs after age 40 with little regard for the man and his life. I would think the Dr. could at least try removing a much smaller amount of prostate and see if that works for you first, before hacking off almost the entire prostate initially. But my Dr.s have the same uncaring attitude about wanting to cut both of my testicles clear off with little regard for how that would affect my life after that. You gotta fight for your male organs men and insist the Dr.s go slow and cautious instead of just gelding every man over 40 in different ways and without caring how it hurts his life. Hang tough and tell the Dr. to take less prostate out man. You are the boss and paying the bills, you tell him what to do. Dr.s can always cut more off later if it doesn't work. But you can never get back what they cut off you. Protect your manhood and make the dr.s save your male organs.

After 6 weeks after the surgery he is having problem in urining and the pain is bad ehy