What do you think about the impact of cycling on prostate issues? I’m a recreational cyclist and I go for a ride almost every day. I take care that my saddle is good and well adjusted, but I still have the unpleasant feeling after a ride. I’m worried about the possibility of damaging prostate or penile arteries. Sometimes I consider the idea of taking up another activity instead of cycling.

As a non Dr. i think lots of men do worry about cycling and weight pressing on the seat right along the nerves and blood supply that feeds the penis and prostate and th scrotum areas. There is supposed to be new seats designed for men with gaps right along the penis root and scrotal area and a wider and more cushioned seat at the back nearer the prostate. I'd try to keep cycling and look at the seats designed for men. A hard seat right under a man's sexual organs during long rides, bumps, crashes, and frequent cycling can't be good for the blood flow and nerves serving those organs. I did a lot of cycling and I exercised my Kegal or pc muscles a lot while I cycled to keep the blood flow up and increase those muscles' health. If you have congestion in the prostate or swelled prostate, maybe all that weight pressing down on the prostate might milk it flatter and reduce the size by cycling? Lack of exercise isn't good for men's health of course. Maybe have your sexual partner do a prostate exam on your prostate daily to monitor its size and firmness by a finger exam like the Dr.s to watch for any changes in your prostate from cycling.

Come on! I know that it makes sense in way that if you put too much pressure on your pubic area and prostate and stop the blood flow it can cause certain dysfunctions in that area, but that’s only from a layman’s point of view. Nowadays the modern technology has developed saddles which are improved and which are designed to offer full comfort. You should only get yourself an excellent professional saddle and adjust it properly. Follow the instructions from any professional website or consult a professional cyclist. Your position during cycling is also important. You don’t have to worry because cycling improves health and even the people with prostate and testicle problems cycle, even those who underwent testicular or prostate cancer surgery.

Men s health diseases like sexual disorder, prostate cancer, erection problem all these are type of erectile dysfunction. To get over these issue people need to eat fresh healthy diet, it can also reduced by exercise and by leaving smoking and drinking. Drugs are also helpful to get over from these types of diseases.

It is something that is being increasingly looked at nowadays.

Saddle position and adjustment is critical and choice of saddle can make a real difference. Each to their own, but the SMP4Bike range seems to address this specifically.