Hello, I ma 25 years old and finally got the job I have always dreamt of. But that includes late working hours, a lot of stress and if I spend some time on myself, that leaves me not more than 5 or 6 hours for sleeping during the working week. How much sleep do we really need? Is this enough?

Well, there are people who could sleep for only couple of minutes several times in 24 hours and that was enough for them! I have been in the same period as you, slept for not more than 5 hours, but that was simply not enough and soon the headaches came. Now I just have to sleep at least 6 hours so that I could function properly the next day.

seven - 8 hours of sleeping is the best for the body and mind to relax and take back all the fuel needed for the next day. Im suffering from anxiety and stress and the doctor recommend me to start and sleep at least 7 hours a day. Before i used to sleep mujch more less about 3 to 5 hours.!!! tHATS TOO BAD FOR YOR BRAIN

7 to 8 hours is the best good luck!!!!

a study was undertaken by a group of psychologists to figure this out - they came up with at least 4 hours sleep a night - this gives no bad effects to health and people can survive on this amount.

it is recommended that you have less sleep the older you get - children needing the most (10hrs/night) and people over 65 the least (5-6hrs/night)

i would say stick with what makes you comfortable - i'm 20 and if i have less than 8hrs sleep i feel c**p!