I would like to know something more about the possible connection between video games and sleeping troubles. Is there any? I have seen that my 12 year old kid sometimes sleeps restlessly after he has been playing video games for several hours. If there is a connection, what should I do here?

Well, there might be a possibility that he is having some sort of nightmares, depending on the video game he had been playing. As a video game player myself, I can say that I have been dreamt many things related to video games I have been previously playing. Still, it is not a reason for a concern. But of you think that he really has sleeping troubles, you should consider taking him to the doctor.

Playing video games close to bedtime can definitely disturb sleep. There have been studies showing that watching TV before bed overstimulates the brain, making it difficult to calm down to sleep. I'm sure video games do this even more than TV, because you are actively participating and using your reflexes, producing a heightened state of alertness. I don't think gaming in general will effect sleep, but doing it close to bedtime definitely will.