Hello! I am 43 years old and I work as a secretary at the court house. I spend at least six to seven hours sitting in front of my computer and typing. Also, my job is very stressful. I have problems with frequent headaches. When I explained the symptoms to my doctor he said I had tension headache and prescribed Naproxen. Since I have never used this medicine I would like to know if anyone had relief for the tension headache with Naproxen.

Hello! There are many people who suffer from a tension headache. They usually describe it as a dull, all-over pain which feels like a tight band in the head. Usually, such headaches are caused by the tension in the neck and scalp muscles which occur as a result of stress. It is noticed that sometimes the same symptoms occur when typing or some fine work is done while sitting or standing in one position for too long. Doctors always suggest over-the-counter pain relievers, usually NSAIDs. Naproxen will provide relief to you but there are also relaxation exercises that could be very useful. It is also important to watch you posture when typing and sitting in front of the computer. It is important to stand up every half an hour and make some exercises. This will make you feel better.