I would like to think that only addictive behavior is related to things like drugs and alcohol but it turned out that it does not have to be only that. It looks like activities like shopping, gambling, TV watching and all sorts of other activities can be addictive. How is that even possible? How to control that addictive behavior?

Unfortunately, the way we lead our lives today might be presented like a whole lot of addictions we try to satisfy. I guess that constant run for the money and higher social status makes us greedy and intolerant when it comes to our desires and wishes. I guess that a bit of compromise is necessary, if that does not work, there is always therapy.

Do you think that you are addictive to some of these activities you have mentioned?

As far as I know gambling is very addictive and it can have some serious consequences!

I remember when I was younger that my mother’s best friend was always coming to our house crying and telling to my mother how her husband has gambled all their savings, again! She was so unhappy and she was trying to “cure” him from this vice but I seriously doubt that she has succeeded in this because the last thing I have heard about her was that she has divorced “that fat gambler”.

I seriously hope that you are not really addicted to any of these activities and if you are try to talk to someone.