Hello everyone,

I have this problem and it happens to me all the time. I just can't stand it anymore and I want to know if anyone knows how can I deal with this, if there is any way.

Whenever I go out with my friends to party, I end up drunk which is normal right, we went out to party. But when I wake up in the morning, I feel so guilty because of what I did last night, and I wonder if I did anything bad, if I made a fool out of myself and stuff like that. Someone please help me stop these thoughts, it's the same every time.

Hi BeerBooze,

Do you usually have anxiety when you are not getting drunk? If you are a naturally anxious person, or someone who has been clinically diagnosed with an anxiety disorder, a hangover may trigger unwelcome feelings of stress that are hard to control.

The reality surrounding you during your hangover is usually less of a cause for stress than it seems. Though you may initially perceive your surroundings as unfamiliar, confusing and even dangerous, your first step should be to confront the reality of your physical condition. After that, your stress levels will be lower and you will be able to address external concerns in a calmer and more organized fashion.

Hi BeerBooze,

A friend of mine was having the exact same problem like you but his dad is a doctor so he helped him out. Here's what he did.

The main part is to observe in the beginning. As soon as you wake up and you feel that you are starting to be anxious, accept it. And then as it goes on, try to see what you are being anxious about and what is this anxiety doing to you. As this goes on, you will see that after some time you will know exactly why are you anxious and you will know how to deal with it.

Yeah, I sometimes get anxious without having to party and drink before it, but it happens in rare occasions. On the other hand, I don't quite understand what you tried to tell me in the other part of your post.

Since you said that that worked for your friend Guest, it immediately makes me want to try and see if it is going to work in my case. But to be honest, that doesn't sound to be easy at all. I mean, I am going to remember what you just wrote and I'm going to try it. I hope that it will work, I'll let you know. Thanks to both of you.

Good day folks. Well anxiety causes several issues that are related to hangovers as well. Some of them are actually caused by the hangovers. Some of those hangovers usually are caused by your OWN natural anxiety and the way that this anxiety affects how exactly you fell. It can be pretty bad because some paranoia can happen after hangover. OK, you had wonderful night out but the day after, you need to fight with hangover. Trust me, my friend had this problem…well actually he still has it because he was not able to deal with it. And it is really bad.

Hello folks. My ex-boyfriend had problem with hangover anxiety. But the worse thing was because he didn’t recognize those symptoms at all and I could see that obviously something is wrong with him. And he was literally drunk every Friday night. Well, hangover symptoms are anxiety and depression and of course, headache. Though scientists are unsure about what exactly causes these emotional symptoms, it is known that drinking an excessive amount of alcohol can cause an imbalance of chemicals and nutrients in the body, which in turn can lead to anxiety and depression.  The only and the best way in the beginning to deal with hangover anxiety is to admit that you do have a problem.

Hey. If you are drinking alcohol, that doesn't mean necessary that you are an alcoholic, right? But dealing with anxiety after it can be really bad. My sister experienced it and she told me that this was the worst thing in her life - ever. It is hard to tell how you can deal with this type of anxiety. That day after drinking alcohol everyone has the serious problem and my sister was very concerned about her health, her heart problems, strokes, etc. It is very important for you to drink a lot of water and you should also try to drink a lot of caffeine. Hot soup that is very salty can be helpful as well.

Tell me about it! I have problems with alcohol and I never went to see someone who is an expert to help me in this situation. But those mornings after this nights are something that really bothers me. Well, I decided that I need to stop doing this but before it, i found a cure to deal with it - I accepted this anxiety as is, like someone in here already told you. I must say that it is very hard at the beginning, but you can deal successfully with it. I mean, that is the only way. Once you accept it, I am sure that you will learn how to control yourself and your anxiety as well. Good luck.

Hello there. Yes, I do agree with you that the key point is to accept it, but what if you can't accept it? I had one friend and one relative who could not accept that they are dealing with hangover anxiety. As soon as they woke up in the morning, the problems start. And that is the main problem. For example, when my friend notice that he has anxiety as well, he started to be really nervous and he started to panic a lot. In some cases you really should look for the medical help. That is the only way to deal with it.