Hello everyone,

I'm 29 yo male, heavy drinker when it's party time (every weekend or every two weekends) but don't drink at all during the week, since I was around 17 yo.

I've experienced all sorts of hangovers, some stronger than others, but recently I felt something that never happened before and it scared me. After that, it happened twice again, one time 2 months after the first one, and the most recent one around 3 months later. In all episodes the details are the same, so I will explain it as if it was only one time:

I drank a LOT!. Probably around 15 scotches in a period of 10 hours. The day after I was bad, with a normal hangover: stomach and headaches, dizziness, etc. As the day passed, I started to feel better. But always dizzy and with zero energy levels. So far, everything normal. But then, at night when I was feeling more or less ok, I went to sleep. I started to feel a bit nervous. The feeling grew and changed to something different. I started to feel lost, disorientated, confused. I felt in a different, awful, scary state of mind, as if I was not really there. Having weird, senseless and crazy thoughts. The most similar I felt like this was when I was younger and had a huge fever, and had a kind of delirium derived from the fever. So my first reaction was to grab the thermometer but the levels were normal. I started walking around my apartment, scared and wishing for that feeling to go away. Washed my face with cold water, smoked a cigarette, went to the balcony to get some fresh air. Then I started to come back to myself. It lasted for around 5 minutes. After that, it was like nothing happened. I was calm and feeling fine, just questioning myself what just happened.

Does anyone felt something like this? Do you think that this can be associated to some kind of liver stress symptoms? The feeling was in the brain, but apart from these episodes, I never felt anything like this. Not even similar.

Perhaps a panic or anxiety attack. Its part of your body going through alcohol withdrawal from 15 drinks, which is brutal on the body. I know exactly what you are talking about. Don't drink so much next time. The alcohol really messes with your serotonin and GABA receptors in the brain.

Yes. I can totally relate to what you said.. I have been through this phase and for me when it became scary and extreme the only solution used to be a drink or two to calm . .which are the obvious signs of what is called "alcoholism" :) .. i went down that road and as a result had monday morning hangover , impact on my job etc.. i have tried every single thing since then .. from sticking to beer, to not drinking alone to have a strict limit on the amounts of drinks, drinking lot of water at night, etc etc.. blah blah . the ONLY thinkg which worked and solved the issues for me was joining the 12 steps at AA.. i am in my 30s and not one to go to church ... but you know what .. IT BLOODY WORKS ! Try it out on my recommendations.. you wont regret it .. and btw its free :) .. good luck .. aby

Yes - I feel that way right now. God it's scary... It's almost like I can't remember who I am. I feel like I'm just observing my life from the outside. Like you said, it's like feeling not really there. I hate hangovers like this.

I'm feeling like this right now and it's totally freaking me out like I feel so scared and strange and I have been totally fine all day but I can't sleep and I feel nervous.. Is this normal, I've never experienced a strange hangover like this before

I never reply to these things, but just wanted to say I have been there. Twice so far. Once about 2 years ago and then just recently. This time around I actually told my wife I thought I was losing my mind. Probably would have been better to keep it to myself until the feelings subside... usually a day. Best to cut back on drinking for a little while. I don't think I will ever give up drinking all together, but sh!t like this makes me think of how much damage it really does.

Sounds like depersonalizations/derealism.

Thats withdrawl. It happens with other drugs too, most famously depicted in the movie Trainspotting. 15 scotches in a day is brutal, get help.

Hey buddy I get this EVERYDAY it's called delirium tremems and it can kill you, google it you will find a lot of help. Not drinking during the week doesn't mean you don't have a problem either you need to do what I'm doing and slowly taper down your drinking, hope that helps