Hey folks. My friends daughter Tatiana, she is 18 years old is in the college since this year. She is not dealing with it pretty good. She is not interested in the learning anything, she is not happy with friends in there, etc.

My friend doesn't know what to do, but since I am dealing with depression I noticed that Tatiana has a huge, but really huge depression during her exams. I have heard about this, but I never faced with this type of depression, so I can't really tell her what to do about her daughter.  

How to deal with depression during exams?

Good day. A lot of people have anxiety attacks during their exams. But, tnx God there are so many ways to deal with depression and anxiety before and during those exams. As a students, I think that we face more pressure than anyone else, right? Well, during this anxiety attacks it is very important to communicate with each other. So, by expressing your emotions and sharing your worries with somebody else, this will allow you to realize that you are not in this situation alone. I am sure that this kid is not the only one in her college with this problem. Maybe some friend has it as well. Not only that, there’s always the possibility that you discover your situation isn’t as bad as you think it is. I think that she needs to communicate with someone there, and she will realize that she is not the only one.

Yap, that happens very often to people. It is possible that this girl is not the only one in the class who is suffering from depression during exams. I do know a girl who was suffering from depression before, during and even after her exams. She can easily deal with it, and reducing anxiety with effective studying is just one of the ways. It is very important to let her know that she already have knowledge about everything that she is learning before her exams, and she will think about this even during her exams. Also, you need to give her one advice. You need to tell her that she needs to have a lot of time for studying.  

I see. But the huge problem in her case is because she really doesn't want to learn for her exams. I think that this can be one of the reasons why she is having depression during her exams as well.

And also, sh doesn't want to talk to anyone about this, she keeps this for her but she needs to understand that her problem is obviously. 

Her moms believes that she should take her to the physiatrist  because she believes that he can help her. Now, the problem is how to convince her to see an expert, because whenever my friend tells her something, she keeps screaming that she is not crazy. 

Good day. I am very depressed as well during my exams. But I think that I am depressed the most a couple of days before my exams. And you know what I do? I leave the house. I found out that, when I am most depressed, I should leave house and I will feel much better than. House makes me depressed even more, so I take my book and I go to the park where I prepare my exams, Maybe this sound silly for the most of you, but I can tell you that I feel much better. Than and during my whole exams. I think that this is a great way and that everyone should try this as well. Good luck.

It is hard because depression makes it even harder to study. When you are depressed, you don't want to do anything, not even work, or study.

I think that some sort of home remedies are best for relieving depression and stress when you want to study. I heard that there are some good teas that help with fighting depression and anxiety, and they don't have any side effects. Definitely better than medications, since medications can make a person dumb and kind of unhappy. She is also just 18, very hard age for a girl, so she will get better as the time goes by.

More than half of the students are stressing out when it comes the time to do their exams, however, not so many of them end up being depressed about it.

They should have a college psychologist, I think. We had one in elementary school, in high school, and on college as well. She should go and talk to him (or her). He is skilled in talking to students, especially when it comes to their problems because of stress caused by exams or stuff. He should be able to give her some good directions and to help her out, if she wants to be helped.

I am 19 years old girl and I am always depressed when I am having exams. I don't know what to do, and I really need someone's help. I can't study, I just cry. And then I go to exam, I see the questions and I cry more. Please help me, I don't know what to do.

I have a brother who didn't have depression during his exams, but he doesn't know how to help me. I tried talking to him but he acts like he doesn't care. Should I talk to a psychologist as well, do you think it would benefit me?

Psychiatrist is too much for this problem, Hannah, but a psychologist would be good for her.

It all comes from the mind (we all know that this is a matter of a mental problem). She either doesn't feel like studying and she doesn't see any point of studying, or she doesn't believe that she is going to pass her exams even if she studies. I don't think that there is a third cause for her to be depressed because of her exams. I wouldn't know how to fight it, that is why it is smart to visit a psychologist, he will know what to do.

Hey, I talked to my friend today and I told her that I also do believe that seeing psychiatric is a bit "too much" to do because this problem can happen to anyone. She was telling me that she understands me, but she keeps telling me that she needs help and that she is going to find someone who is an expert to talk to him. 

I think that they should find the reason why she is depressed and they will find easier way to treat it. And I told them this. I believe that my and your advice going to help them.