Guys, I was at the vacation during the Christmas time in Alabama with my family. I was there for 10 days and I still haven't recovered from this ugly anxiety that I am dealing with when I am far away from my home. 

I became really stressed there and my family could not understand why I am like this because I have there everything that I need. They just don't understand it. It is driving me crazy!

How to deal with anxiety and panic attacks when you are on holidays and far away from home? Any quick and reliable cure?

Famous traveling anxiety. Nothing worse than that, right? And it becomes even worse when you can't cope with it whatever you do. People around you don't understand you and there is nothing you can do to explain them this situation? Been there, seen that. Well, I am dealing with it at very funny way. Some people are telling me that I am crazy, but whenever I need to go somewhere and I start to feel like I am going to have this anxiety, I go fast and buy the ticket. The most important thing is - do not avoid to travel! Do not avoid to go on holidays, vacations, whatever. If you do that, you will let anxiety take control over your body.

I understand this, but I don't avoid it at all. On the contrary, I always go there when I need to go but I feel so bad when I am far from my home. I miss the comfort of my home and I feel like I can't do anything is somebody else's home. I have this feeling that I need to go from there very soon. As soon as possible, indeed!

At the beginning I didn't realized it but now I think that I won't be able to fight it and that I am going to fight this type of anxiety for the rest of my life...

Like I already told you, I am familiar with this and I do know exactly what you are saying. Another thing that you can do and that can help you is to make your first vacation list. Yes, list where you are going to write something that has it's own goal, and where the entire goal is to do nothing but get used to the idea of travelling and enjoining. And read this list everyday. I remember that one day I just took the plane to a beach (true, it was not that far away from my home) but I went there and I was sitting at the beach doing nothing, reading my book and enjoining. Trust me, I was so relaxed, like never in my entire life. Those are small things that definitely can help you.

Guest, it is really nice of you for sharing those advice with us in here. But don't you think that those are the things that will just conceal that constant fear? I mean, I think that you need to find more effective ways to deal with anxiety during the holidays. 

It is very important for you to focus on reducing your overall anxiety, because it is well known that anxiety is a cumulative disorder. So, whenever you you experience anxiety in one area of your life, it causes more anxiety in another area of your life and that is something that you should expect always/ If you have any anxiety on a daily basis, reducing that anxiety will help you a lot. So, you should really find a proper way to reduce anxiety for good.

You should have learned the anxiety relief techniques already. It is not smart to travel away from home if you are suffering from anxiety and you don't know how to cope with it. A lot of people make these mistakes and then the people who went with them have to get back home because of the person who is suffering from anxiety.

There are plenty of useful info and videos on the internet regarding how to deal with anxiety and panic attacks. I think that you might find these things useful and if you follow the instructions, you will learn how to cope with anxiety.

Maybe you are some sort of a perfection maniac? Or you want everything to be as you imagined it to be or you don't want to let down someone's expectations or something similar? These are few of the most common reasons of why people experience anxiety and panic attacks when they are on holidays. You might be thinking too much about home and how are things going there and what are the kids doing (if they are not with you) and I don't know what. It is overthinking, your problem is overthinking, you need to stop doing that and you should be fine.

My mother had the same problem, I mean, she still has it but she somehow learned how to cope with it. I know that she has these pills that she always carries with her whenever she goes somewhere on holiday. If she starts to get anxious or if she feels that things are going in that directions, she takes one of these pills and she soon feels better. I am supposed to meet her tomorrow after work so I will ask her about the name of these pills and I will get back to you, maybe they will be useful in your situation as well.

There are indeed pills for people who are suffering from anxiety and panic attacks but I don't think that these pills are specially made for people to use them on holidays, they are made to be used on a daily basis. However, Nina, I am assuming that your mother learned how to cope with anxiety when she is at home so she didn't really want to use these pills while home, I guess that she was taking these pills with her wherever she would go so that if she starts feeling anxious, she could simply use these pills in order to get better.