So I got high with a few of my buds (no pun) 5 nights ago. During the high I started feeling very off... my left arm fell asleep, very fast heart, thinking "omg this is laced", feeling as though i was gonna die, and perhaps one of the worst, my vision got really weird... I tried looking at my iPhone, but couldnt make out anything on ot and asked my friend if he could... and yeah, he could read it. So I calm down and it sort of subsides for the remainder of the night, but i just had (what i thought anyways) was that tingly post high feeling. Well I wake up the next day after a pretty bad sleep and feel off... kind of out of it. This is when the anxiety starts... I start thinking I have derealization or depersonalization. I watched some videos on my symptoms so I tought thats what i had. I than start getting paranoid and panic attacks and constant anxiety because I feel as though I have this disorder and it will last a long time. Some backstory: One of our good friends has just been really weird and gets put in a mental hospital for a month after having this seizure like deal. We all think he has paranoid schizophrenia (he would think we are sending him messages and stuff subliminally). So that is also playing with my mind "What if I get schizophrenia too!" He has a few relatives that have it so he is predisposed to it. I, on the other hand, do not so I don't really have anything to worry about. He has also taken LSD and shrooms a few times (he started acting weird after a shroom trip). Anyways, I was just at the same house with the same people I got high with and paniced. I had to call my mom because I was getting the vision thing again and was feeling quite anxious. Also, one of the two that were there when I had the panic attack high constantly says he feels like he is in a dream when he is high. That also got to me so now I start questioning everything. Sorry for the wall of text, but I felt I needed to vent because I really want to stop panicing and feeling anxious. I also feel like I have a high hangover... but it's staying. Most likely all a mental game, but I just want to hear what insight you have to give me.

Was a guest when I posted this, let me add that I am 16 years old, have smoked once or twice a week max for the last 6 or so months. Had minor anxiety before hand.

I also just had a huge talk with my mom and discussed some family issues, cried, and felt a bit better. This may also be stress related.

Thanks for the help, I highly (nooopun) appreciate it :).

Hi Faze,

Hope you're feeling better now.

Panic attacks are soooooo common while stoned, it's unbelievable! Almost as if it's part of the experience!

It sounds like you and your buddies (no pun intended) had some strong weed....probably skunk!

However- the visions and the fact that the intense anxiety & paranoia stayed means you have to stop smoking. Weed doesn't agree with you. Whether you have any immediate family history of schizophrenia or not- you are at risk of later mental health problems by smoking at such a  young age. Your brain is still developing and actually, is in a very important developmental period of time at age 16, so abusing it with the chemicals found in weed (i.e; THC & cannabinoids among a few) are not doing you any favours!

Your brain is with you for life- remember that!

Good luck & glad it's eased off. Your mum sounds like a very good person to have around & from what you've said, is very understanding of your 'experimentation'.

V

I convinced myself I have derealization and after reading some horror stories of people having it for years it has really been getting to me. I keep thinking I'll feel "high" and weird for the rest of my life. I am really trying to get my mind off of it but it is really hard... feels like my perception of everything has changed. Kind of depressing, but I have hopes that it will pass. Thanks for replying.

What you're going through could also be marijuana withdrawal which I'm going through right now. It's been a little over a month since I quit. I quit after having a panic attack while I was high just like you. I had derealization, anxiety, depression, etc. So there probably is nothing wrong with you, you're body is just getting used to living without THC.
hope this helps!

You said you quit little over a month ago, do you feel any better from it in your 3rd month now?

At first I thought my anxiety was only from having withdrawals from marijuana but withdrawals only last about a month and I still have anxiety now so yeah. My anxiety isnt that bad as it was before though, I used to not even be okay with leaving my house but now I do, I go to school, work and drive...which is a big deal to me. I started taking vitamins from Nature Made called Stress B Complex every couple of days and it really helps with anxiety and derealization.
I hoped I helped!

Believe me friend, paranoia makes you question things just as much as the sensation of derealization does, you likely aren't experiencing any DP/DR but you think you are. When you are paranoid it's easy to confuse a runny nose due to a cold with a problem with your nostrils. Get my drift?