Hi, folks. My wife has given birth to our first child, but I am thinking that she has been experiencing signs of postpartum depression. She is very quiet and isn’t showing any interest for our kid. Can anyone tell me how to deal with this condition? I will appreciate all your help with this. Thanks.

Hello, there. Postpartum depression can vary with the lasting period. It all depends how much symptoms are manifested. One of the most important steps is counseling. It is very important that your wife talks to some professional like psychologist or psychiatrist. I think that antidepressants are also recommended here. You should definitely consult an expert about this. I hope this helps. Good luck with all! Bye!

Hello to you too. Counseling is one of the most important steps in the treatment process. I would also recommend antidepressants. They usually relieve symptoms for most of women with postpartum depression. Hormone therapy is also available. Estrogen replacement has shown some results. I hope your wife will feel better. Please, let me know how she is doing. I hope everything will be all right. Bye!