Hello, folks. We have all heard about melanoma. I imagine it like some dark coloration on your skin. I think it is very similar to a moll. Nevertheless, I would like to know how to know if I have amelanotic melanoma. Can anyone help me with this? I would appreciate if someone replied to my post.

Hello. The keyword here is amelanotic. It means that it is without melanin. Unfortunately, since it is not dark colored, it is usually ignored until it is too late. It usually appears as a lesion with no or little color. It can also appear red or white. All types of melanoma can be amelanotic, but there is a special type that has more tendencies to be without melanin. It is desmoplastic melanoma. It is usually found in the region under the nails. It is usually longer than other types of melanoma. If you suspect on something like this, you should contact your dermatologist immediately. I hope it isn’t anything serious.