Hello, folks. I have been reading something about sarcoidosis. I haven’t heard anything about this disease before. I would like to know why some people have more chance to develop this disease. Is this something that is familiar? I would appreciate if anyone could answer me this. Thank you for replying. Bye!

Hello. Unfortunately, sarcoidosis is a disease with unknown cause. No one knows the exact cause. That is why I cannot answer you with some details. Black Americans have more chance to develop it than white Americans. Black women get this disease twice more often than black men. However, there isn’t such a relation within white race. Scandinavians, Germans and Irish have more tendencies for this disease. It mostly affects people between 20 and 40, but it can appear later as well. Schoolchildren are rarely affected. I hope this helps.