Hello. I'm 40 years old and I'm very worried because just the other day I have spotted that my husband has some strange changes on his skin. He’s acting like it’s nothing but I know how dangerous this could be! About a week ago I have noticed small slightly raised discolored spider-like patch on his back.
So, I took him to see a doctor imidiately and dermatologist performed skin biopsy. When I asked him what it could be he said that he don’t know but suspecting on some melanocytes disorder.
What should I know about these melanocytes and could it be something disorder?

I understand that you are worried and that’s why I will share my knowledge about melanocytes.
Melanocytes are skin cells located in the lower part of the epidermis and they produce melanin, pigment that gives skin its natural color.
Beside color they also protect skin genetic material from sun burst.
They can be grouped in small non-cancerous formations called moles.
There are several disorders of these cells and most important is melanoma- malign tumor of melanocytes.
Malignant melanomas are usually small brown-black or larger multicolored patches that easily can be recognized.