Hi, folks. I have been working on ships for years and I am constantly exposed to the sun. I am always tanned and I started worrying that I might get some skin cancer. Should I look out for melanoma? I have heard some terrible stories and I am not indifferent. I hope someone will answer my post.

Hello. People who constantly work under the sunlight shouldn’t look out for melanoma. Melanoma usually appears within people that are not exposed constantly to the sunlight, but they expose to it briefly. I am talking about pale people who go to the seaside and start with tanning unprepared in the middle of the noon. Sailors or people who work in the field shouldn’t be afraid of melanoma. However, they have more tendencies to develop basal cell carcinoma or squamous cell carcinoma. They have better prognosis than melanoma. The treatment is more effective. Just in case, visit a doctor and ask him/her for an advice. Good luck!