if a person had been on suboxen for approx 8 months, lost all medical benefits and cannot afford to purchase this nasty drug, what
ways area available for them to safely go through withdrawals. It is a drug they should never had been prescribed and the drug administration should take a look at rehab clinics that are prescribing it like candy and empty promises. Not everyone can afford it when they lose insurance and cannot quality for state funded programs. What happens to the people left out in the cold......what are their options........There has to be a safe, effective way someone can maintain through over the counter meds, herbal remedies......something to get through these withdrawal without being put on another habit forming drug. The difficulty in functiong while going through these withdrawals, the stress financially and most assuredly emotionally the family goes through is beyond words.

From what I've witnessed - The most stressful, yet effective way is Cold Turkey. When going through the withdrawls, of how it's making them feel - which is similar to the way the first sub they ever took probably made them feel- they won't want it again . I agree, it's a dumb drug that is prescribed to treat other drug addictions , because I've seen several people more addicted to that c**p than they were the other stuff