I've been using Opiates regularly for the passed 8 years and need to STOP!!!! I am into day 3 without them and the withdrawal is killing me!!! I can't sleep, I have the sweats like you can't believe and the muscle spasm are making me cry!!!! Need some OTC remedies as I can't affose Rehab or even Suboxone.!!! Any ideas and suggestions would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!! I feel like I want to die!!!!

hello, I know exactly where you are coming from I want to know exactly what you were taking and how long? I myself was on painkillers mainlky loratabs and oxys,as many as much as i could get for six years ansd several detox attempts and even suicide attempts no one knows the pain from withdrAwling from painkillers it is hell!day three is the worse muscle spasms body tempature risin and droping within seconds shaking even seizures in some cases it depends on what and how much! in detox this is what they give me pheneabarbetol,anti sezure medication,ativan,for shAKING AND OTHER SYMTOMS,BLOOD PRESSURE MEDS,THE BEST THING I CAN TELL YOU IS THERE IS PLACES THAT DOES NOT COST A THING TO DETOX! YOU NEED TO GET TO AN EMERGENCY ROOM AS SOON AS POSSIBLE AND FROM THERE THEY WILL SEND YOU TO A DETOX FOR FREE OR THEY WILL GIVE YOU THE MEDS I MENTIONED TO HELP YOU THROUGH THIS AWFUL SITUATION!MAN i FEEL YOUR PAIN AND I WISH I COULD HELP YOU ALL I CAN SAY IS PLEASE GET TO AN EMERGENCY ROOM THIS IS NOTHING TO TRY TO DO ON YOUR OWN,IF YOU DECIDE TO DO IT COLD TURKEY HAVE LOVED ONES WITH YOU YOU ARE GONNA NEED ALL THE EMOTIONAL SUPPORT YOU HAVE AVAILABLE I KNOW YOU WANT TO BE ALONE AND I REMEMBER HUDDLED I A CORNER WISHING I WAS DEAD MY WHOLE BODY CRAMPED INTO KNOTS A CRAWLING SENSATION I LITERALLY WAS GOING INSANE,IF YOU ARE GONNA DO IT AT HOME ATLEAST WING YOURSELF DOWN DONT TRY TO STOP COLD TURKEY IT MAY DO MORE HARM THAN GOOD AGAIN DAY THREE INTO DAY FOUR IS THE WORSE,HOT BATHS, BENEADRYL IT WILL HELP THEY GIVE YOU BENADRYL WITH EVERY DOSE AT DETOX,TRY OVER THE COUNTER SLEEP AID,TYLENOL FOR MUSCLE PAINS,THATS ALL I KNOW BESIDES THE ACTUAL PRESCRIPTION MEDS THEY GIVE IN DETOX

I agree with Savanna, honey, you can not do this by yourself, you can literally DIE from it. I am serious. You need to get to the ER ASAP, and I know how it feels, you don't even feel like getting up and GOING to the ER, but you've GOT TO DO IT.

PLEASE keep us posted....

Jenn

Thank you both so much for the kind words and well wishes. The ER is not an option for me as no one, not my husband, not my family knows that I have this probelm so I am truly alone. A trip to The ER, while it's crossed my mind, would result in my getting divorced and losing my 2 kids!!! No can do!!! I figure I got myself into this mess so I deserve to feel this way. It's Day 4 and I feel worsE not better. I took St. John's Wort last night and was able to get some sleep. It's extremely difficult to get up. go to work and try and act normally. EVERYTHING HURTS!!! Thanks for listening and caring. Are either of you still going through this or you have past it and are now clean?

HI, WELL I UNDERSTAND THE PROBLEM ASSOCIATED WITH YOUR FAMILY,BUT DO YOU NOT THINK THAT THEY LOVE YOU AND WOULD SUPPORT YOU THROUGH THIS AWFUL TIME I WAS ASHAMED BUT WHEN I CALLED FOR HELP EVEN MY MOTHER WHO IS TOTALLY AGAINST dRUGS BECAUSE OF MY DADS HEROIN ABUSE THAT LEAD TO HIS DEATH SHE EMBRACED ME FOR SEEKING HELP AND NOT DOING IT ALONE,EVERY SITUATION IS DIFFERENT THOUGH,YES I MADE IT THROUGH IT NOT COLD TURKEY i hAD TO HAVE LOTS OF HELP ANd SUPPORT BECAUSE EVEN AFTER THE WITHDRAWLS ARE OVER THERE IS AN EMOTIONAL ROLLERCOASTER THAT FOLLOWS AND ITS JUST AS BAD AS GETTING OFF THE DRUG ITSELF!SO THEY HAVE NO IDEA!i AM SO AFFRAID FOR YOU I WISH THERE WAS SOMETHING I COULD DO MY Heart GOES OUT TO YOU I PRAYED FOR YOU LAst night as well as today i even came to tears because it is one of the hardest things in the world to do and especially alone!seriously think about it hard weigh your options, maybe you could set down and just be completly honest with your wife who knows maybe the whole thing will bring you and your family even closer!I wish you would help yourself i know the thought of shame and guilt and hurting your loved ones is running through your mind but its best to be safe than sorry! the worse case scenerio what if it kills you coming off them alone without any help ? that can very well happen i am not trying to scare you but i just want you to realize what you are dealing with! are you able to wing yourself down atleast?please keeep me posted aslo remember benedryl and the sleep aid, muscle rub, the stufff you rub on your muscles when they are so oh yeah bengay, that works really good that will ease a little and the beneadryl, will really help with the crawling sensations,again you can email me at lease let me know how you are doing

**this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **
Please read our Terms of Use

hey man as unlickly as it sounds im going through the same thing. i was lookin around the internent for an easy solution but i have the same problem. Nobody knows and i have to act normal i cant go to the hospital and im on my second day this is like the fiftyith time i have tried. I have been talkin all forms of opiates for about 10 years i feel like im dying the body pain isnt the worst its the lonleness. its the mental sh*t that is messing with me. savannahann you said to use benydryl? the worse part is i have no family my parents died when i was 10 and i have a brother but he could care less. i cant remember what it was like before pills i have been taking them since i was 18 and now im 27. so does anyone know of anything over the counter that will make this easier.

A) You CAN do this by yourself.
B) Kratom can help, but is mildly addictive (but I have personally used it to get off of a 9year opiate habit!)

Herbs + OTC that CAN help

Immodium (larger doses will help kill W/D's and constipation, immodium is an opiate, but has little to no effect on the CNS)

Benadryl every few hours will help keep the histamines from flooding your system (runny nose, tearing, etc)

Kratom, lessens, and eventually kills all W/D's, but must be used sparingly 1tablespoon 3x day for frist 3 days, then 1/2 tablespoon a day for next 3 days, as an example)

valium, at night to help you sleep...do not use more than a week.

Opiate addiction almost never kills, even with a massive habit.
Benzo addiction and alcohol addiction can kill, but not opiates.

IF you feel you need professional help, please don't hesitate to get it, but someone that has been through detox, methadone clinics, subonex treatment, and at home detox, at home detox is best.

Be prepared to take AT LEAST 1 week off from work.

Hon, I feel your pain. I am into day 31/2. This is nothing new to me, as I have been addicted dor 24 yrs. I hope this will be the last jones i go thru.

what is kratom? can someone please explain for the home detox off of opiates i got the immodium and benadryl but what is kratom?

me nd my wife re trying to detox because stuff has gotten out of hand we both have sevre back problems me because of iraq also ive lso been getting radiation i mean i have serios medical problems but ive been over doing it on my scripts for the past 6 years but now just recently have started the herion in the past 3mnths and every time tht needle hit my arm i felt like dirt and going to the doctor is not an option because i have to get my meds when its time i just want to stop abusing them im just lookin for a way to make this easierr like everyone else were going to try to get xanex any way we can. i just want to be me again without the weight on my back. so if you hve any ideas please post them thanks

Aloha to all,

I just had to jump on line and say that I have found some great home remidies that have been working for me. Believe me when I say that I understand the pain your going through trying to look for better less exspencive ways to make it though the days. I have tried suboxone and my Dr kept me on it for over a year padding his pockets while mine got thinner. I feel that the Suboxone Program should be "Free" for all those who cant afford it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but we know that ant going to happend so let's move on and let me share with you alittle about who I am and what I have found that worked for me. The crazy thing is, what works is in everyones reach!

My name is Ryan 31 years old and I live in "Pill Haven" the state of Kentucky. I said Aloha in the beginning because I am from Honolulu Hawaii. Five years ago i left my home "Oahu" Hawaii with my wife and son feeling it was best for change plus being that I met my wife at the time whom was in the U.S Navy station at Peal Harbor while on tour. I made a promise to her shortly after we met that If ever we got Married we would move to where she's from!!! Not sure if I bit myself when I told her that Lol, but here I am devorced now for three years in Kentucky where shes from still wondering what the heck am I still doing here? After my devorce I fell apart lost and lonely getting into Crack, Coke then shortly later I had an acedent and broke my foot real bad. This is where my journey began with pills. While on crutches hopeless and cant walk the Dr precriped me Pain meds not telling me the outcome that later would rip my life apart. Seven months passed on pain pills but starting to walk on my own again I noticed when I wasnt in pain my body was going through some weired mood changes and I couldnt figure out what was wrong! I became hateful and tempered pushing everyone away from me including my love ones. I seeked help and went to a Dr. who told me that I was going through whats called " Withdraws" so trusting that he knew best he precribed me on a new med called "Suboxone" it was very costly but I had a job that was pulling in okay monies so I went with the flow. I was precribed 24mg a day meaning: one in the morning, one at lunch and one before i went to bed which not mentioning didnt help me sleep! The suboxone did help take the cravings away however work slowed and eight months later I was tapered down to 8mg a day half in the morning and one half at night. I started my suboxone treatment in Idiana fortwayne. Later moving back to the KY state I tried to find a suboxone clinic to continue the program but kept been told that I had to be put on this waiting list, I then became affraid because I was out of my supply and knew I was in trouble... The pain came back about a day later withdrawing from suboxone! I knew what this ment! I had to find it on the streets or take the edge off somehow someway. within minutes or hours of searching i got my hads on some oxys!!!! five months later im sitting here broke, with less friends and lost on my ass again!..
It's so crazy how many times I feel I had to start all over again!. Anways enough with the blah blah stories! I found something that has worked for an old junkie like me thats been in my reach this whole time. "It's in your reach too"
I found a support group willing to help me Detox and rest without pre judging while keeping a close eye on things!!! "This requires lost of rest. I rested for three days stright then went to GNC. When I walked in there I was honest and told the clerk what I was there for and that I was going through withdraws! She seemed to be stocking up on the shelf what she felt would help me. She handed me a bottle of Gaba750. it is used to help with my focus. I then went to Natures Way and told the clerk what was happening to me and he was nice enough to have a Book on home remidies and some herbs that people have found to work while going through withdraws. We found that I walked out with what was known to work. A bottle of Valerian Root: helps relax the mind and thought prossess. I found that the valerian root took away most of my nerves from being racked up!it kind of calmed my craving down. I also bought a bottle of L-Tyrosine thats good for the brain neurotransmitter support that seem to help me balance things out "Kept my focus" GNC Men B-vitamin just in case my body needed to restore the negect of years not taking any vitamins at all. It was recomended that I also got a bottle Korean Ginseng to keep up my energy. I started to take these vitamins all together and it has kept me clean with the min of craving and body aches for two weeks now.... Its a start somewhere and I feel awhole lot better. I wake up in the morning with energy and the ability wanted to get into gear. Since taking these "Home Remidies" I've had something to be proud of. I ant claiming that you'll feel 100% but I do know whats it helps you move through the BS without relaps. Try this out, It just may save your life or help put it back on track without using. Today went back to GNC and Natures Way and thanked them for saving my life. Also walked out with a bottle of jack3d that I took for energy that makes me feel like a million bucks!
I continue my fight and for any one who has any questions please e-mail me at

Ryan Da Hawaiian

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **
Please read our Terms of Use

baca wrote:

Thank you both so much for the kind words and well wishes. The ER is not an option for me as no one, not my husband, not my family knows that I have this probelm so I am truly alone. A trip to The ER, while it's crossed my mind, would result in my getting divorced and losing my 2 kids!!! No can do!!! I figure I got myself into this mess so I deserve to feel this way. It's Day 4 and I feel worsE not better. I took St. John's Wort last night and was able to get some sleep. It's extremely difficult to get up. go to work and try and act normally. EVERYTHING HURTS!!! Thanks for listening and caring. Are either of you still going through this or you have past it and are now clean?[/quote.

I'm in the same situation, I can't tell anyone can't goo seek help I'm all alone I'm ruining my life I will loose everything if I can't fix this.
God please help me threw this. I have never done any drug in my life, I never thought opiats were so addicting. I just want to get clean and alone. But I know I do not have the mentality or strength to do it alone. I think everyday I can do this but when I run out the side effects take over. I need to get clean I need help I can't afford clinics or anything I need to do this alone. The Dr. Got me addicted they should help me get clean.

my husband and i have been off opiates for 2 months now. We decided to quit when I lost my Insurance and realized we couldnt afford without insurance, a $1000 monthly habit. Honestly we were taking our medicine as the doctor ordered, but we realized we were addicted. We detoxed from home and it was the hardest thing I have ever done in my life. I wanted to die. I would cry and ask my husband to just kill me and get it over with. I would not have wished this on my worst enemy. You have jerks, sweats, mental issues, your puplis are huge, and well you just feel like sh*t. BUT after the first week we could see the light at the end of the tunnel. The 3rd and 4th day was really hard. After the first week things get better each day that you wake up. The bad thing is after about 2 weeks we still had very bad stomach cramps and explosive die-a-rear!!!!! But 2 months of sobriety I am so glad we did it , we have become closer since we went through that together and life is good. You have mental struggles everyday just to get that good feeling you had while on pain medicine. But you get that back through just praying and taking it ONE DAY at a time. I know if you are going through detox now, none of what i am saying is going to affect you mentally but please believe me it does get better and you will feel better in a week. By the way we were on oxycodon and oxycontin. The doctor ( which was not a good doctor) gave each of us 4 oxycodone and 4 oxycontin to take each day. It was powerful medicine and really should not have been given to us.

after years of the same story, i have finally figured out the cure for detox. . . wean by half till your out (days) i give myself 2 days to cry and moan, i use benedryl to rest, and ibu for body pain, bath as hot as you can stand, (meanwhile forcing your self to eat things u can stand, the healthier the better, i do yogurt and fruit and chocolate for every meal. on the third day, i get up and eat 2 eggs fruit and coffee, then i make my self work out, yoga at first, then yoga and zumba when im stronger.  and stay hydrated. and make yourself do tasks, no matter how small, finish it.  and you will be shocked at how fast the stuff looks right to you again,  its allllll about mindset

i am trying to find a free detox situation for myself to reply to the reply above not all er's will help as i havent found one yet to help in 15 years i have been on and off pain meds and heroin for years now fentenly is the most recent and can not find a place to help me when i mention i dont have money for there place i dont hear back from them for i have died twice in withdrawlsso all i can syuggest is get help it is dangerous