Hi! My name is Mindy. I've been on Morphine Sulfate IR 30 mg for about three years now. I'm a 26+ year sufferer of bilateral Atypical Trigeminal Neuralgia (ATN) & bilateral Trigeminal Neuralgia (TN) aka "The Suicide Disease". As a result of added head trauma from having a titanium frame screwed into my skull for my bilateral Gamma Knife Radiosurgery (GKR), I have now also suffered from Occipital Neuralgia (ON) for 1.5 years. I began on 15 mg three times a day. Not long after I was upped to 30 mg twice a day. About one year into nearly every day use, I informed my neurologist and neurosurgeon that it just wasn't cutting it. I tried very hard only to take it as needed. It just wasn't cutting it anymore. I explained that I thought I was actually going through withdrawals (I had never experienced them before). I was flat out told that there are a few diagnosis in life that a patient would actually be encouraged to take it daily rather than as needed. Because of high suicide rates, I was told to take it every single day so the withdrawals would cease. Approximately a year ago I was upped to 30 mg three times a day. I have tried my best to stay as low as I can, seeing as how I have been dealing with this since age 17 following a Maxillofacial Jaw Reconstruction...and am now only 43. I voiced my concerns about not really wanting to up mg's so quickly at this age when I may possibly live 40-50 more years...if I can even hack five more years of this on my own. I'm a bit confused because my neurologist agreed that he also was not comfortable with giving me 30 mg four times a day...so he now has me on Oxycodone HCL 30 mg four times a day. He must have his reasons that I don't understand but I find it odd that he wasn't comfortable with me taking 120 mg/day Morphine but he is ok with me taking 120 mg/day Oxycodone. How is 120 mg/day of Oxycodone "safer" than the equivalent of 180.1 mg/day Morphine...when he wasn't comfortable with 120 mg/day Morphine?! I had tried to switch a couple months ago and quickly asked to be switched back to Morphine. I did not like the Oxycodone at all. It helped take the edge off the pain quicker but I felt as if it didn't last nearly as long and it would only leave me feeling as if I needed to take more than prescribed. I was not comfortable with that. Now he has me trying it again. Sunday in the early morning hours, I took my very last Morphine pill. As of last night (Tuesday night) it hit me like a ton of bricks again. I am tired but am not sleeping well, on & off sweating and chilling at the same time, diarrhea, but the anxiety is the worst for me. I feel like I can't keep still most of the time, feeling as if I have to constantly be moving my legs and arms...shaking my arms hard...anything to make it stop. That is the one thing that will make me lose my mind. Withdrawals are a b*tch. I normally don't even make it this far before I take some Morphine. Usually I feel great within 30 minutes...but now I have no Morphine at all and I'm having a really bad time. I understand that different meds will react differently with everyone...but I thought since I was going straight from Morphine to Oxycodone...there would be no withdrawal symptoms. SO WRONG!! Has anyone else experienced withdrawals regardless of going straight from one narcotic to another? :-(

I totally dissagree with youu not taking your Oxycodone.  It has worked for me very well for the last 1 1/2 years.  I recently had to get 3 weeks of Morphine Sulfate IR 30mg, I live in Florida, I must have gone to 40 Pharmacys and no one could fill a script for 84 30mg Oxycodone.  I went to my Doctor and he told me that all his patients are going through the same problem, thank the DEA for that!!!  I was run ovr by a Semi back in 1990 and I have been on every pain reliver you could probably name.  Oxycodone 30mg is great for 4 to 5 hours, then it wears off. I would try taking the Oxycodone every 4 to 5 hours and I'm sure after a short time you will see that it is a good pain reliver.  I personally don't like the Morphine Sulfate IR 30mg, it doesn't work nearly as well for me, give it another try and I hope it gives you the relief you need.  SAW

i myself am on morphine 30 mgs 3 times a and on oxycodone i agree if i run out of morphine i go thru hell 30 mgs of oxycodone does not do a thing