Hi there, i am dependent on cocodamol, 30-500. I have been taking them for 2 years. My partner was prescribed them as he has a bad knee but he doesnt take them, i do. So, i was taking 12 a day last year and now i take 8, or on a good day 6... I take them every 3 hours and its like i count down the minutes to my next dose. I really want to come of these horrid pills but im afraid to tell doctor as i no im goin to get it trouble. I am also terrified of the withdrawells. Is ther anything i can take to make me get no withdrawells. I really need some help here x

Hi please replace them with over the counter Co-Codamol,the strength of the codeine is less , try and taper down that way ,

That's how i done it and it worked , send me a PM and we can Chat some more , you are not alone , there is help out there .Please take care , xx  

Thats brain dead advice. All that would eventuate would be the OP would take the same dose but with a higher level of paracetamol. If you cant taper OP cold turkey it. I did 3 years then tried to taper then when that failed I went cold turkey. Never looked back. The withdraw is over played on this site, its codiene .. 2 weeks of the flu then you get down for a bit. Point is its totaly up to you, your mess to fix.

Max, not the answer everyone needs to know when they are soooo low!